I want a hair dye that doesn't last long.

G

I want a hair dye that doesn\'t last long.

I know the temporary, semi-permanemt, permanent stuff, but I want some name brands that you can refer to me. Something temporary, and that washes out in very few shampoos! I have tried rinses, and they last too long! I used a black rinse one time, and that mess never faded. Anyway, something that doesn't have much sticking powder. I do want to go dark for a while, like black.

PS-My hair is permanently dyed a light orangey brown at the moment. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Re: I want a hair dye that doesn\'t last long.

Karonica

I use the Adore 'black velvet' (jet black) colour which is made by creative image. It is very cheap and very safe to use on the hair as it contain no ammonia, peroxide or alcohol so it doesn't dry my hair out. It gives a good rich colour and doesn't last very long say bout 5 weeks depending on how often you wash your hair. When I say cheap I paid £2.99 for the bottle and it will last me a long time.

Nikki

Karonica,
I know that Beautiful Collection is very mild, when I was using it, I was re-applying like every other shampoo. But being that your hair is lightly colored I don't think it will do much to change, that orangey-brown may seep right through it.. I am not too sure but maybe you can get some info on ADORE... Currently I am using Seb Colourshines and it's pretty good but although it'll more than likely cover that current color it might stick to your hair more than you want... Tell me! are you just trying to cover up your current color, or do you plan on going back light after the black..

Tracy

I find Jazzing to be the least "permament" of the semipermanents I've used. But the problem will be more with the color you select than the the brand.

Black tends to "stick" more than any other color I've used thus far. So if you want to go that dark - especially over ultra porous previously lightened hair that will grab color stronger and longer - you may want to go with a deep brown with a red or orange base (the base is important because browns over lightened hair can go green if you aren't careful).

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne0914

wow, tracy. i'm impressed! you're so knowledgeable about the colors, girl! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Tracy

Thanks Adrienne!

My "knowledge" is due completely to all the terrible mistakes I made. Everything I warn against, I've done to my own head and bore the consequences! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Some of the knowledge is trial and error and some is directly from Shamboosie's book! So if there's anyone who really wants to know more about color beyond what I can answer on the board, that's a GREAT resource. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can't take credit - I'm just one part cheater (stealing from Shamboosie) and one part dare devil (my hair melted into the sink and turned St. Patty's day green on MORE than one occasion). /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
adrienne0914 said:
wow, tracy. i'm impressed! you're so knowledgeable about the colors, girl! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

Adrienne haven't you heard /images/graemlins/sekret.gif /images/graemlins/sekret.gif Tracy is the hair colour guru /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nikki

TRACY,
What's with the Shamboosie book what's that all about, is it worth investing..

G

Thanks guys.

I really would like to go black, but I do not want to lose the color that I have now. Thanks again. *sighing* /images/graemlins/nuts.gif