I took the healthy hair test.... And PASSED!!!

Rae81

i did this and it floated for a long time until i pushed it down then i sank. Does that mean my hair is porous?

LittleLuxe

If once you break contact with the surface of the water (pushing the hair down and breaking water tension) and the hair sinks then yes your hair is porous. I don't think it's a big deal though. My hair floated but recently has been sinking (however I did get a relaxer fairly recently) so I imagine it just needs to be pampered some more.

I guess that's why they call it a journey, lol, there is no one-stop or level of perfection. So long as you're still alive your hair will need maintenance.

Rae81

i tapped the water and swirled it around and my hair didnt sink it wasnt until i pushed it down that it sank.

TamedTresses

Mine sunk to the bottom. :sad: I did a protein treatment and rinsed with Porosity Control earlier today. :perplexed Maybe my hair just needs some TLC for a while. I had in braids for six weeks.

LittleLuxe

i tapped the water and swirled it around and my hair didnt sink it wasnt until i pushed it down that it sank.

In my experience after working on my porosity for quite a while my hair floated even when I pushed it down into the water. Currently it's not, but that's what one has to work on.