I think MTG corrected my underprocessed hair!

When I first started using MTG I only cared about the growth properties. Now, however, I don't care. This stuff is awesome. I know there are a million posts about this stuff but I have discovered something great about MTG I wanted to share. Not only does it temporarily texturize my new growth, it has permanently corrected my underprocessed hair! NO JOKE! I am serious. The first time I used it I applied it while my hair was still wet. After my hair airdried, I noticed that my underprocessed areas were noticeably smoother. I stopped using it for a few weeks and then applied it again while my hair was wet and let it airdry. This time the underprocessed parts came out 99% straight and thick. Even after a few more washes the only textured hair is the new growth. I hope I am not seeing things. Has anyone else had this happen?

OneInAMillion

Hmmmmmm, I may have to pull out the MTG and give it another try. How long did it take for your underprocessed hair to appear straighter?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
MTG did the opposite for me. It made my hair more relaxer resistant than it already was. Texturizers and relaxers only lasted like 3 weeks for me. I think it enhanced my hair's curly texture and made it more strongly pronounced..

Well after the first time it was much smoother, but whenever MTG is applied to wet hair it has a texturizing effect. I didn't use it for a few weeks, then gave it another try. After that time I noticed my hair looked a lot straighter with the exception of the newgrowth which had a slight wavy look/feel. I didn't use it again for a while and in the meantime I was still washing my hair. I just started noticing this when I was assessing how much new growth I had. I can tell the difference between the underprocessed parts and the new growth because the underprocessed hair is a different color because I had a rinse. The only textured hair I see is my natural hair color. Applying a few times to my dry hair might have helped but I don't get much of a texturizing effect until I apply it to wet hair. In fact, afterwards my mother asked me if I had gotten a fresh relaxer. I thought that stretching would be a problem with underprocessed hair and new growth all over the place. But now I only have to deal with the new growth which is easily softened with the MTG. HTH

OneInAMillion

redRiot said:
Well after the first time it was much smoother, but whenever MTG is applied to wet hair it has a texturizing effect. I didn't use it for a few weeks, then gave it another try. After that time I noticed my hair looked a lot straighter with the exception of the newgrowth which had a slight wavy look/feel. I didn't use it again for a while and in the meantime I was still washing my hair. I just started noticing this when I was assessing how much new growth I had. I can tell the difference between the underprocessed parts and the new growth because the underprocessed hair is a different color because I had a rinse. The only textured hair I see is my natural hair color. Applying a few times to my dry hair might have helped but I don't get much of a texturizing effect until I apply it to wet hair. In fact, afterwards my mother asked me if I had gotten a fresh relaxer. I thought that stretching would be a problem with underprocessed hair and new growth all over the place. But now I only have to deal with the new growth which is easily softened with the MTG. HTH

Thanks, that was very helpful. One more question: Did you airdry with the MTG in?

DDtexlaxd said:
MTG did the opposite for me. It made my hair more relaxer resistant than it already was. Texturizers and relaxers only lasted like 3 weeks for me. I think it enhanced my hair's curly texture and made it more strongly pronounced..

Yea, that's interesting because when I first read about some of the member's experiences with MTG I know that some said MTG made their newgrowth really thick and coarse. But I have experienced the opposite. After applying it to wet hair and sleeping with a scarf there are some areas of new growth that are completely straight until I wash it again. My 3C new growth has a very slight wave that could be easily straightened with pressure and my 4a new growth is just wavy. Normally after a month post relaxer my kitchen area and hairline are super curly and don't lay down. MTG has kept these areas straight and I am almost 8 weeks post. But I guess it works different for everyone.

OneInAMillion said:
Thanks, that was very helpful. One more question: Did you airdry with the MTG in?

Yes. It also helped when I slightly combed some of the newgrowth the mtg was applied to. I think it might work different for different people though as in the above posts. But it has seriously done wonders for me. Heck I'm almost 8 weeks post and really can't tell!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
redRiot said:
Yea, that's interesting because when I first read about some of the member's experiences with MTG I know that some said MTG made their newgrowth really thick and coarse. But I have experienced the opposite. After applying it to wet hair and sleeping with a scarf there are some areas of new growth that are completely straight until I wash it again. My 3C new growth has a very slight wave that could be easily straightened with pressure and my 4a new growth is just wavy. Normally after a month post relaxer my kitchen area and hairline are super curly and don't lay down. MTG has kept these areas straight and I am almost 8 weeks post. But I guess it works different for everyone.[/q

I think you're right. All products do not work the same for everyone. Do you use a flat iron at all? I use MTG daily, so I'm interested in MTG progress anyone gets.:lol:

DDtexlaxd said:
I think you're right. All products do not work the same for everyone. Do you use a flat iron at all? I use MTG daily, so I'm interested in MTG progress anyone gets.:lol:

No flatiron. Just a scarf to keep the roots straight, and I'd don't tie it tight at all!