I stood up to the stylist and now my hair

mango387

is JACKED up:blush::look:.

I went to get my hair braided this morning, because I am leaving for weeklong workshop in NYC tomorrow morning. Well, my usual stylist is recovering from an illness, so I went to a different salon. To make a long story short, the stylist was quite RUDE and unprofessional. Needless to say, I walked out with half of my hair braided (Not smart in retrospect, but I don't want bad vibes from a stylist working in my hair). The manager called me to apologize, because she witnessed the whole thing. She told me that I could come back, but I have other things to do for tomorrow, etc.

Here is where you come in. My hair is 4b, medium-thick (airdrying takes awhile) APL, and with about an inch or so of NG. It has already been washed, so I can't get a touch up. I need a quick, neat style to hold me at least until Monday. I would so appreciate any suggestions. (I am trying not to do a bun, because I want to somewhat nice in the city...)

I've never worn extensions before even with braids, BUT at this point in the game I'm more open... What type would you suggest? I am 23, and I would say I am 95% conservative with a little wild streak. I don't like wiggish- looking extensions

ponytails-posh-240x340.jpg
ponytails-sweep-240x340.jpg

ponytails-perfect-240x340.jpg
ponytails-pretty-240x340.jpg

^^^Hey, those ARE actually cute. Do you have any suggestions on smoothing the front without using heat (if possible)?

With a half-wig the front of your hair is out, so it looks more natural than a full wig. You would need to go to a BSS to try a couple on to see what looks best with your skin, lifestyle, mood, etc. I have a pic of a few in my fotki

You could do a bun and adorn it with jewels or a flower or something.

Good for you, for standin up to that *****!!! :lol:

Do you know how to rollerset? You can also do twistouts, braidouts or a bantu knot set to camoflauge the newgrowth

Back