I stood up to the stylist and now my hair

mango387

is JACKED up:blush::look:.

I went to get my hair braided this morning, because I am leaving for weeklong workshop in NYC tomorrow morning. Well, my usual stylist is recovering from an illness, so I went to a different salon. To make a long story short, the stylist was quite RUDE and unprofessional. Needless to say, I walked out with half of my hair braided (Not smart in retrospect, but I don't want bad vibes from a stylist working in my hair). The manager called me to apologize, because she witnessed the whole thing. She told me that I could come back, but I have other things to do for tomorrow, etc.

Here is where you come in. My hair is 4b, medium-thick (airdrying takes awhile) APL, and with about an inch or so of NG. It has already been washed, so I can't get a touch up. I need a quick, neat style to hold me at least until Monday. I would so appreciate any suggestions. (I am trying not to do a bun, because I want to somewhat nice in the city...)

mango387

I've never worn extensions before even with braids, BUT at this point in the game I'm more open... What type would you suggest? I am 23, and I would say I am 95% conservative with a little wild streak. I don't like wiggish- looking extensions

cupcakes

mango387

^^^Hey, those ARE actually cute. Do you have any suggestions on smoothing the front without using heat (if possible)?

TrendySocialite

With a half-wig the front of your hair is out, so it looks more natural than a full wig. You would need to go to a BSS to try a couple on to see what looks best with your skin, lifestyle, mood, etc. I have a pic of a few in my fotki

You could do a bun and adorn it with jewels or a flower or something.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Good for you, for standin up to that *****!!! :lol:

Do you know how to rollerset? You can also do twistouts, braidouts or a bantu knot set to camoflauge the newgrowth