I SAVED 2 inches of hair today with Castor Oil!

Moroni

I have tried DCing, protein, Co-washing 3X a week, bunning, oil rinses, NTM Silk Touch, and still has crunchy ends. My rollersets always left me with C-shaped broken pieces of hair, the same diameter as the rollers, even with end papers! My hair was a mess, and I was scared I'd end up back at SL. I just knew I'd have to immediately cut 2 or more inches of hair. :sad:

This morning I stumbled on the Castor Oil thread, after spending about 2 hours reading Sistaslick's and others info on repairing damaged hair last night. So here's what I did:

1. Clarified with Nexxus Aloe Rid (I decided NOT to do a pre-poo, because I wanted to get all the buildup OFF my hair) TWO times.
2. Oil Rinse (I promised Sareca that I'd keep trying), and WOW! It finally worked for me. I used Amla Oil, Almond oil, and a tiny bit of EVOO.
3. DC'd with Nexxus Humectress, Vatika Oil, and Amla Oil for 45 minutes with heat.

I knew I'd have to try rollersetting again, because I HAD to smooth my ends, and there's no way I'd use heat. Soooo, I used the Fermodyl 619(Thanks, Honeydew!) to help with detangling, some Biosilk Silk Therapy, and very diluted Infusium 23 in a spray bottle to keep my hair soaked. I put Castor Oil on the ends, applied the wrapping papers and took the plunge. I'm so excited! I dusted about 1/8 inch, and my ends look GREAT! They aren't crunchy or dry, and I'm so excited. (I put a little too much on the ends, but they've been suffering for so long, I think they're singing!)

So, ladies, my next move is to henna. I have to wait until next week, but I definitely want to get 2 henna applications in before I get a relaxer again. The most surprising thing to me, though, is that I only got 2 of those C-shaped pieces of hair broken off!!! That's compared to about 50, everytime I used to try to rollerset! Can you see why I'm so excited???? Now, I think I'll be able to gradually dust the ends, while I accumulate some length. :yay:

Isis

Congratulations on your success Moroni! :clapping: I love it when a hair tip actually works and in a big way!

cici22

Glad you found something that works for you! :)

I've been seeing a lot of those same c-shaped broken hairs after I take my rollers out too. I ordered some castor oil last week, so I can't wait to try this. Thanks for the tip!:grin:

ravenmerlita

Castor oil makes my hair so soft. I'm always surprised that it works so well because it seems like it would be heavy and stiff on the hair.

I found that the Biosilk Silk Therapy just ate up my ends over time so I had to stop using it.

Kawaii1

Just used castor oil for the first time last night. It is amazing, my hair is super soft and a little goes a long way. This is definitely going to stay in the rotation. It's cheap too!

MariposaSexyGirl~ You better get some girl, that stuff is the best thing I have bought so far. Now if the henna stops this breakage and makes my hair thick I will be set.

MariposaSexyGirl

Just used castor oil for the first time last night. It is amazing, my hair is super soft and a little goes a long way. This is definitely going to stay in the rotation. It's cheap too!

MariposaSexyGirl~ You better get some girl, that stuff is the best thing I have bought so far. Now if the henna stops this breakage and makes my hair thick I will be set.

yeah i know where from and what kind?

newflowers

Castor oil on ends is definitely a keeper. I'm so glad it worked for your hair. If you wear protective styles - especially updos, try some castor oil on the ends then too - it works really well to keep them soft and nonbreaking.

Take a look at www.oilsbynature.com - they sell castor oil that's not processed with a lot of petro chemicals for cheap!

Leslie_C

Congrats! I also just discovered castor oil and I have no excuse bc Ive been around here forever....to beat it all I had some in my stash of products that I never even opened! I have this box of essential oils and butters bc I wanted to experiment with making some hair and body butters and I never got around to it. Anyway Im now in love with castor oil!

tocthesunrise

I used Castor Oil for the first time with my last wash.....that was about 7 days ago and my hair is still looking good (if I must say so myself!).:grin:

I can't keep my hands out of it....it truly feels like butter. I loved it on wet hair so last night I tried it on dry hair. I wet my hands (a trick I read on LHCF--helps it spread!) and applied a small amount and concenrated on my ends and them ran my hands through my hair a few times. Then I wrapped as ususal and tied it up and went to sleep!! :sleep8: I was afraid I would wake up to a disaster!!:bricks: But it turned out beautiful!!! It is definately my first offical staple product!! :clapping:

Moroni

Congratulations on your success Moroni! :clapping: I love it when a hair tip actually works and in a big way!

Thanks, everyone! I'm really glad I can do searches and study for hours what has worked for different types of hair.

Believe me, this castor oil is definitely a KEEPER!

Moroni

Glad you found something that works for you! :)

I've been seeing a lot of those same c-shaped broken hairs after I take my rollers out too. I ordered some castor oil last week, so I can't wait to try this. Thanks for the tip!:grin:

Man! I thought I was the only one this happened to when rollersetting. Does anyone have ANY idea what this is due to? Could it have been previous flat-iron usage. I only have direct heat when I get my relaxers done, and the stylist uses a flat iron. Well, that's out! I'm getting rollersets from now on. Now I just need to get enough courage to do my own relaxers.

Brownie518

Oooh, I love Castor Oil now. I had been sleeping on this since I joined the Board. I finally started using it this summer and it is my #1 oil. I love it. It makes my hair so soft and smooth. My ends have never been better, either. Staple, baby, staple:grin:

Moroni

I used Castor Oil for the first time with my last wash.....that was about 7 days ago and my hair is still looking good (if I must say so myself!).:grin:

So, Sunrise, did you put some on after your DC, or did you mix it with your conditioner? Did you use heat to dry or air dry?

sareca

Brought it, used it, LOVE IT :love2:

As I was putting it on I thought this stuff is sticky and stinky. :barf:
But it's about 45% dry and it so dark, black and shiny. I was gonna
do an hennadigo treatment tomorrow cause my hair was losing its shine.
I don't have to now! Yay! And what did it do to my curls, they're very elongated and lovely.

Thanks Moroni! You've taken oil rinses to a whole new level! :up:

ETA: I wonder what black castor oil would do for the color and shine. Hmmmm....

Last edited:

Moroni

Whoa! Sareca! Castor Oil did THAT???? Pretty awesome, huh? I wonder how it would do added TO henna? I'll try it and let you know, OK?

sareca

Whoa! Sareca! Castor Oil did THAT???? Pretty awesome, huh? I wonder how it would do added TO henna? I'll try it and let you know, OK?

It was even better this morning! I will absolutely always use castor oil in my mixes. Some of the shine went away, but I think mixing it with a little avocado or alma oil will fix that. On top of that it dried fluffy. I usually hate fluffy for two reasons. It creates tangles and has much less curl definition. NEITHER OF THOSE ARE TRUE TODAY! I have big ol' fluffy bouncy perfectly defined tangle-free (or at least with my regular amount) curls!

I could just kiss you! :kiss: I'll be waiting for your report back!

Here it is dry. I loved it!

Last edited:

toniy

I have sealed w/castor oil everyday for a year. I use it after my cowash and conditioning. Never had crunchy ends because of it.

Glad to see its working for others. I want to oil rinse with it,but its just too hard to get over here.

**hugging the castor oil bottle**