I need some support ladies...

pureebony

I recently had a press on my fine natural hair, and most of it was left burnt and permanently straight. It was cut from apl to neck length.

Now my hair is very knotted, and breaking badly- the pressed burnt bits especially. I need help... right now, since it happened I have washed my hair twice with castile and oil soap mix, done a aphogee keratin treatment once, and deep con twice, and styled my hair with a great slip moisturizer that is shea butter based, and in the evenings I spray it with my water based moisturizer and a split end healer, I have to use a wide tooth comb whenever doing my hair as it just gets soo tangled.

I need serious help, im thinking of texturizing, maybe it will help, all i want is to be a long haired natural... I feel so down.

Sorry to hear this; it seems like you're on the right track with the protein treatments and DC, not sure what else you could try.

I'm not sure that texturising would be a good idea, a chemical treatment on top of heat damage sounds like trouble IMO. I would concentrate on babying your hair and doing a lot of protective styling- braids, twists, buns etc. Hopefully other ladies might give you some tips.

I recently had a press on my fine natural hair, and most of it was left burnt and permanently straight. It was cut from apl to neck length.

Now my hair is very knotted, and breaking badly- the pressed burnt bits especially. I need help... right now, since it happened I have washed my hair twice with castile and oil soap mix, done a aphogee keratin treatment once, and deep con twice, and styled my hair with a great slip moisturizer that is shea butter based, and in the evenings I spray it with my water based moisturizer and a split end healer, I have to use a wide tooth comb whenever doing my hair as it just gets soo tangled.

I need serious help, im thinking of texturizing, maybe it will help, all i want is to be a long haired natural... I feel so down.

I think you just learned that heat may not be your friend, especially in this case. The burnt straight damaged hair is not going to be revived no matter how many protein treatments and DC's you do. If you want to be a long haired natural, you definitely shouldn't texturize. And because you have all the heat damage texturizing is 1) not going to look good and 2) going to break down your damaged hair even more.

I'm not going to tell you to cut it because it seems like you already cut a lot of the damage off. And, you need some hair in order to protective style. I suggest you hunker down and do a long term protective style as a transition out of your damaged hair. You need to just treat your hair gently and not think about it for a while.

How do you feel about braids and wigs? If you stayed in braids/twists with extensions you could keep your hair stretched out and still wash/dc and everything else in them. But, I don't know if that would cause more damage to your edges.

IMO, wigs are a life saver. I love half wigs. They're easy, you look good in a few minutes, and you can completely protect your hair under there. You could keep your hair in braids/cornrows underneath and wash/dc/moisturize your hair as you usually do and then just pop a wig on in the mornings and go. And with your hair in braids/cornrows you wouldn't have to worry about tangling issues and combing. You may also want to consider phony pony's, if you can get your hair into a ponytail.

Hope this helps!

bust a cap:perplexed

No im sorry to hair this the only thing i can say is baby the heck out of your hair

I guess babying my hair is my only option, I will just treat it with care... so annoying!! at my adcise if you have not seen a hairdresser look after natural hair before, never leave your hair in their hands- the damage is not worth it.

The same thing happened to me in November. I'm natural with APl hair.
MSA gave wonderful advice, I couldn't have said it better myself.

What I'm doing now is putting about 8 french braids in my hair and wearing a wig. I decided to keep the braids in for two weeks at a time. I soak my hair in coconut oil the night before my wash day then the next day I do a protein treatment on dry hair. Then I wash and deep condition under a dryer for 30 minutes. After that I use a leave in conditioner and a little bit of cream for my hair, braid it back up and put castor oil down the length of the braid. Then I just spray a homemade spray for moisture everyday. I have cut about 3 inches off and I have almost 4 inches of new growth.
So I won't get so discouraged I've been taking it slow and I cut about an inch off every 2 months. If you do it this way, just make sure you baby the heat damaged hair.

Trust me it will get better. Did they use the hot marcel irons on your hair? (the one's with the oven) Next time I'm going to do my hair myself. I think I'll just roller-set and then flat iron on a low setting.

Be encouraged!

Back