i need some encouragement, i truly am sad and don't know what to do

KPH

House Head
after watching the signatur bun video, i went and looked in the mirror at my hair. I almost grabbed a pair of clippers and shaved my head. My hair comes to my chin, i have that graduated rihanna bob thingy she was wearing. don't get me wrong full-head-of-hair ladies i'm more than happy for your progress and growth but man, i'm hating right now. LOL Please tell me, how long did it take you APL and BSL 'ers to get to that pointl. I'm on the ovation cell therapy challenge and have been using it for 2 days, my scalp is extremely tender which means new growth for me but it was happening before i started applying this ovation stuff. somebody tell me to put the clippers down, that there will be a sunny day for me one day. My hair is fine and thin and i do want to say thanks to you guys for the tips on how totake care of it, i get maybe 2 strands at the most now per wash but what else can i do. I need to go to sally's and ask if they sell patience.

Platinum

Awww, I'm sending you a big hug. Everything's going to be alright. I was feeling the same way not even two weeks ago. These ladies can give great advice and I'm sure someone can help you find a solution. Put the clippers down, back away from the mirror, and relax...

tt8

Honey I feel you. Its gonna be fine. :bighug:I am thinking bout hiding my hair in a weave or braids so it can do its thing and I don't have to watch the pot boil. I hope you take second cause girl you will put yourself further away from your goal if you use them clippers. Try pm-ing Queeny20, gymfreak, and Ekomba. I know there are tons of helpful ladies on this blog but they got me through my tough times. I'm sure they can help! Just hold on, we are gonna be so happy with our OCT results and laugh at this later
after watching the signatur bun video, i went and looked in the mirror at my hair. I almost grabbed a pair of clippers and shaved my head. My hair comes to my chin, i have that graduated rihanna bob thingy she was wearing. don't get me wrong full-head-of-hair ladies i'm more than happy for your progress and growth but man, i'm hating right now. LOL Please tell me, how long did it take you APL and BSL 'ers to get to that pointl. I'm on the ovation cell therapy challenge and have been using it for 2 days, my scalp is extremely tender which means new growth for me but it was happening before i started applying this ovation stuff. somebody tell me to put the clippers down, that there will be a sunny day for me one day. My hair is fine and thin and i do want to say thanks to you guys for the tips on how totake care of it, i get maybe 2 strands at the most now per wash but what else can i do. I need to go to sally's and ask if they sell patience.

Jynkx

put the clippers down, take a breath and get a hold of yourself. your hair will come in time. and you know what they say......."a watched pot never boils". stop looking for progress every minute and find something else to think about about and before you know it you'll have grown an inch!

Hair Iam

I hear you , you need some other distractions. Have you used henna, it gives the illusion of thickness, how about braids or weave. I personally can't handle either but perhaps it would help keep you mind of your own hair. Buy some new hair accessories, pretty spring summer colors to give your hair a lift.
Your hair has to grow and will grow..you will see your goal and dreams come to pass....do not pray for patience "it means you'll have trials" patience is a virtue ..:yep:

Traycee

It broke my heart when I read this.....Be encourage...I went and dug up a pic.....This my hair July 2007 at my Nephew's wedding....My hair was not even APL and a lot thinner.....You will reach your goals just stay consistent

Desarae

I know how you feel, after seeing Traycee's video, I wanted to cry. Her hair is soo beautiful and it seems like it's gonna take forever to even get close to that. It also made me miss my relaxed hair when Iit was healthy and shoulder length before I started murdering it with the flatiron and blowdrier. I can't help but wonder where I would be had I found the forums 6 months earlier.

We just have to stay encouraged and positive and keep on our regimen and we'll reach our goals.

Mook's hair

Yes.. Her hair is dreamy!
Stay encouraged. It takes time.

Just look at her video as the potential for what length you can eventually have.

Have you been taking pictures and documenting. That is so helpful. because you can look back on where you've come from.

lovelymissyoli

I think my spirits lifted (...temporarily lol :look:) about my hair once I decided to get a regimen down and put my hair up until I get it where I want it to be. I was...and in a way still am...in the same boat as you, but I realize that worrying about my hair isn't healthy (...and we all know stress inhibits hair growth! :grin:). The only thing I can do is take care of my hair and call it a day. From there it will grow...it's just going to take some time.

If I keep that in mind then I won't be so down about it. :yep:

You say you're growing your hair out from a Rihanna cut, well luckily for you your ends are probably in great shape so the only thing you have to do from here on out is protect those ends and take care of the rest of your hair.

Also, if it helps, try wearing wet styles like strawsets and rollerset. These styles disguise your true length and before you know it, your hair will be shoulder length, then APL, the BSL!

KPH

House Head
THANKS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry: I truly needed this. I just dusted my ends and applied my ovation cell to my crown (thinnest) area and a little over the rest of my head and i'm air drying now. I just didn't realize until I paid my hair any attention how fine and fragile my hair is. I have school and guess I need to start focusing more on that. I can't do braids and weaves (a sista lives in Florida and I sweat) so I'm gonna attemp to do this air dry hand styling that seems to work, You ladies are more encouraging than some family members and friends and I really want to let you know that I appreciate each and every one of you from your knowledge to your encouragement.

MAY THE LORD BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!!!

RosesBlack

Don't be sad sweetheart. I've been there many many times. I was right there when I made this post.

After that I got back to just doing what my hair seems to like. My hair doesn't grow nearly as fast as a lot of ladies here but it's growing.

Then in December I made it to here. Started feeling a LOT better about what I've been doing and my progress.

Now I'm SL in the back and my hair is healthy soft and wonderful.

I know it's frustrating and everything but you'll get there. Keep your head up.

QUINN

Awww, it's gon' be alright. Yeah, step away from the clippers.

I lurked for a long time before joining, so I've been here for a hot minute. I got

my hair to a nice shoulder length then got the big head and stopped taking

care of my hair. I spent about a year and a half getting my hair healthy and

full to lose all my progress in a matter of months. Starting all over again.

Find your staples, stick with whatever works for you and develop patients.

You will see progress before you know it.

You can do it, LHCF can help!

joy30906

Just be patient, it is a journey. I wish I could offer tips, but I'm new and still learning what my hair likes. I am however seeing alot of progress. Do'nt give up and take your time.:yep:

Lady Esquire

You hit the nail on the head, 'cause PATIENCE is key with this healthy hair thing.

KPH

House Head
Once again, THANKS A GAZILLION LADIES FOR YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT. I tell ya, a sista was on the edge.

caribgirl

We are all in this together. All of the women who posted above are always encouraging others :grin:. Listen to their advice.

Keep taking pics ever 2-3 months and you will be encouraged by your own growth. When I feel unsure I lurk fotkis and look t comparison pics.

If others have made their goal then we all can as well. My ponytail can't do anything like Traycee's but she and others give me hope that one day my hair will do those cute styles without any extra pieces.

Hang in there, stay positive, and stick around here for more inspiration sweetie!

KPH

House Head
I TELL YA, YOU GUYS ARE GREAT AND DON'T LET NOBODY TELL YOU DIFFERENT.

THANK YOU, ALL OF YOU, THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

princessnad

It broke my heart when I read this.....Be encourage...I went and dug up a pic.....This my hair July 2007 at my Nephew's wedding....My hair was not even APL and a lot thinner.....You will reach your goals just stay consistent

Seriously... this gives me sooooo much motivation and inspiration. I would have never guessed you hair was like this before (not that it isn't nice here because it really truly is) but you hair is just gorgeous now!!!

What was your regimen when you were going from this to BSL?

KPH

House Head
TRAYCEE, I want to apologize for making you feel any kinda way but happy. Girl, your hair is GORGEOUS. Please know I didn't want to take anything from your signatur bun, at least my daughter can wear it. I did it on her head for practice already. I know she's sick of me.:drunk:

Traycee

TRAYCEE, I want to apologize for making you feel any kinda way but happy. Girl, your hair is GORGEOUS. Please know I didn't want to take anything from your signatur bun, at least my daughter can wear it. I did it on her head for practice already. I know she's sick of me.:drunk:

Don't worry about it.....I just was concerned about you...Everyone has a starting point...I wanted you to see mine....I don't even have that pic in my fotki...lol......If I could do it so can you!!!
I'm glad your feeling better....

Lorraine S

Girl,
Try not to think about it you'll get there in no time. Just keep taking extra care of your hair. Stay consistent in whatever your doing. Next thing you know, your hair will be dripping down your back in no time.:grin:

Lorraine