I need one last vitamin for my regimen...what should it be?

DaughterOfZion1

Hey ladies!
So I am taking biotin (10 mgs) and Evening Primrose Oil. I want 1 or 2 other vitamins that will be really great to add. I don't want to pop a bunch of pills so that is why I am keeping it simple. What vitamins (and amount) is a must for me to add?
I've researched the vitamin threads and have a couple ideas.
Thanks in advance ladies!!

I always think that if you take Biotin, you really need to take a B complex or Super B Complex as well. It's almost like taking Calcium without Vitamin D. Biotin is most effective when in balance with other B vitamins. I know from experience! I started on Biotin and got breakouts within days. Now I take twice the dosage of Biotin, but also take Super B Complex, and haven't had any skin problems.

Just my 2 cents!

I am seeking stronger longer hair. The EPO is mainly for my skin and balancing hormones, but I know its benefiial for my hair b/c it has EFAs.

Hey Baribie83! So I've taken biotin for a long period of time before and started back up again 2 weeks ago and it never breaks me out even though I deal with acneic skin. I also don't drink tons of water. I guess my body just likes it, but your saying that the b-complex will make the biotin more effective?

I am assuming that since you posted here, you are going for hair/skin vits versus health vits? If so . . .

My suggestion would be to drop the biotin and go for the GNC HSN formula. It has the biotin as well as the needed B vits and other items for great Hair,nails and skin. $20/60 days. I know it sounds pricey, but right now they are on sale so you can get then for less. Also, if you are a member, you get a discount. I usually stock up on GNC purchases at the beginning of a month and then wait till next quarter to buy more.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3181120

Since you are taking the evening primrose, you may even want to try their HSN program. It is a 30 day supply of the HSN formula, Evening primrose, and collagen. I personally had stopped taking the full program because I thought it a waste (I had taken for years). But I have noticed a significant difference in my skin in the the last 90 days and have decided to go back and repurchase the two additional products to take with my HSN. But you can buy the whole package at once if you are looking for a more balanced approach.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3206645

Good luck!!

and BTW, they made their HSN pills a lot smaller now, so they are much easier to swallow.

I personally take a Geritol multivitamin (general health), a B-Complex vitamin (to help ward off the effects of stress) and one biotin. So I think if you don't have a super-healthy diet, a multivitamin couldn't hurt.

I always think that if you take Biotin, you really need to take a B complex or Super B Complex as well. It's almost like taking Calcium without Vitamin D. Biotin is most effective when in balance with other B vitamins. I know from experience! I started on Biotin and got breakouts within days. Now I take twice the dosage of Biotin, but also take Super B Complex, and haven't had any skin problems.

Just my 2 cents!

^^^^I have heard this before. Why do some people who take Biotin breakout? I want to start taking it but I my face is already acne prone.:nono:

I take it and i dont break out as a matter of fact i take 8500-13500 a day sometimes depending on how i feel

Kerryann, how long have you been taking that dosage? Have you seen any results...do you take it with something else.

And I have actually been thinking of taking silica. I heard it was essential and something that we do not get alot of in our diet. A multi is probably necessary as well.

I have also heard good things about super b complex.

Is l-cystine any good?

Also i have tried GNC's smaller HSN and they are coated in this nauseating soy covering. It makes me gag. Its like a vanilla soy thing. I hate it lol But thank you for the advice.

Kerryann, how long have you been taking that dosage? Have you seen any results...do you take it with something else.

And I have actually been thinking of taking silica. I heard it was essential and something that we do not get alot of in our diet. A multi is probably necessary as well.

I have also heard good things about super b complex.

Is l-cystine any good?

Also i have tried GNC's smaller HSN and they are coated in this nauseating soy covering. It makes me gag. Its like a vanilla soy thing. I hate it lol But thank you for the advice.

Ive been taking Biotin for almost a month now and 2 weeks at that dosage. they say wait for 3 months to really start seeing results so im waiting if anything great happens i will let everyone know

i also take
Natures Bounty Vitamin E 400iu- 1 per day anymore than that can give you health problems
Natures Bounty Hair skin and Nails Vitamin- 3 per day as required
Natures Bounty Vitamin D- 2 per day 1000 per capsule
Natures Bounty Fish oil- 3 per day as suggested 1000 per cap
Natures bounty Womens Vitamins- 2 per day
Natures Bounty Biotin 5000- 2 per day

the womens vitamins has 80mcgs in it and the hsn vitamin has 3500 mcgs in it

I personally believe a multi-vitamin should be the foundation of all supplements, then you can add on whatever else you need, hoping you don't OD on oil-soluble supplements. The water soluble ones will just be peed away, which is a waste IMO, but not my money, so *shrug*.

^^^^I have heard this before. Why do some people who take Biotin breakout? I want to start taking it but I my face is already acne prone.:nono:

My guess is because they are taking more than their body needs. Not everyone is the same, so some may be deficient in it more than others. Also biotin is in so many foods already that those who break out may already be getting enough from their diet.

Just my 2 cents!

She is DEFINATELY RIGHT about this. I'm taking a B Complex vitamin with my biotin and I have not had any breakouts since. I started a couple of months after starting biotin and before I started the B vitamin I was breaking out severly.

I would also recommend Niacin to increase blood circulation.

I do evening primrose and MSM. I want to add a multivitamin, but they give me stomach aches. I do think aside from the joint health, my hair is really benefiting from the MSM. I wish I had thought to document it, but I took it in the beginning to help my joint pain.

I take Futurebiotics HNS vitamins, I get them from Vitacost dot com - you take them 3x a day 135 pills at $9.13 a bottle. They are much cheaper then the GNC brand. Also shipping is only $4.99.

I also take Women's One A Day multi-vitamins.

Hey ladies!
So I am taking biotin (10 mgs) and Evening Primrose Oil. I want 1 or 2 other vitamins that will be really great to add. I don't want to pop a bunch of pills so that is why I am keeping it simple. What vitamins (and amount) is a must for me to add?
I've researched the vitamin threads and have a couple ideas.
Thanks in advance ladies!!

A good prenatal vitamin.

Back