I need co-wash recommendations and have questions

LongHairDreams

Im sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in the search.

Anyway, what is a good brand to use for co-washing? Right now I alternate between the different VO5's:

(1)Extra Body (volumizing conditioner)
(2)Herbal Escapes anti-oxidant rich ponegranate & grapeseed extract (strengthening conditioner) :lick:
(3)Moisture Milks strawberries & cream with soy milk protein (moisturizing conditioner) I mixed this with Amla Oil. (I DC with this 1x week)

When I co-wash/wash my hair I loose a good amount. Im co-washing 2x week and combing hair while conditioner is in (I use a pick). Im still new and learning about the Protein thing. Do you think I may be using to much protein?

Do you think I should be using a different conditioner or a different formula of the VO5? TIA

Everyone's hair is different so i cant say which brand would work for you? I use conditioners to wash and i noticed that i get cleaner hair when i use clarifying conditioners. I also like other V05 conditioners.

Are you detangling the the co-wash conditioner or with your normal/deep conditioner? I never detangle or try to comb my hair when i have the co wash conditioner on it. I wait till i have applied either my normal conditioner or deep conditioner.

Sounds like what you need is a conditioner with lots of slip.
Im sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in the search.

Anyway, what is a good brand to use for co-washing? Right now I alternate between the different VO5's:

(1)Extra Body (volumizing conditioner)
(2)Herbal Escapes anti-oxidant rich ponegranate & grapeseed extract (strengthening conditioner) :lick:
(3)Moisture Milks strawberries & cream with soy milk protein (moisturizing conditioner) I mixed this with Amla Oil. (I DC with this 1x week)

When I co-wash/wash my hair I loose a good amount. Im co-washing 2x week and combing hair while conditioner is in (I use a pick). Im still new and learning about the Protein thing. Do you think I may be using to much protein?

Do you think I should be using a different conditioner or a different formula of the VO5? TIA

I don't really have any good suggestion for you, I am pretty new myself, but for prepooing my hair, I used the cheap conditioners, I mix up all the ones I have, I add EVOO, castor oil, Carrot and a moisturizer(if you have a moisturizer you wanna use up, otherwise I don't think you really need to add a moisturizer). This combination works well for me.
In terms of your breakage and whether to use a protein or not, I don't really know, but maybe you can read sistaslicks articles about this and then try to figure out if you need more moisture or more protein. HTH

ETA: A lot of ladies here do a protein treatment once a month.

Everyone's hair is different so i cant say which brand would work for you? I use conditioners to wash and i noticed that i get cleaner hair when i use clarifying conditioners. I also like other V05 conditioners.

Are you detangling the the co-wash conditioner or with your normal/deep conditioner? I never detangle or try to comb my hair when i have the co wash conditioner on it. I wait till i have applied either my normal conditioner or deep conditioner.

Sounds like what you need is a conditioner with lots of slip.

I detangle with the co-wash conditioner. When is it suggested to detangle?

I don't really have any good suggestion for you, I am pretty new myself, but for prepooing my hair, I used the cheap conditioners, I mix up all the ones I have, I add EVOO, castor oil, Carrot and a moisturizer(if you have a moisturizer you wanna use up, otherwise I don't think you really need to add a moisturizer). This combination works well for me.
In terms of your breakage and whether to use a protein or not, I don't really know, but maybe you can read sistaslicks articles about this and then try to figure out if you need more moisture or more protein. HTH

ETA: A lot of ladies here do a protein treatment once a month.

i've read her article over and over and for some reason I don't understand it. My mind must be turning to mush.

Back