I met my first LHCFer!

That's a cute story, but I must say I am a bit disappointed in you, Sareca, and this member, whom I later learned was WhipEffectz1. How could you not break the ice the more normal way? Or weren't you wearing your T-shirt today? <--Another total faux pas.

You see, the way I do it is:

SupermanNikosCousin-vi.jpg

And if the person flashes back the same, I know she's legit and there's no cause for alarm. :look:
That's hilarious. I wish we did have a special pin or something we could wear to recognize each oher. Or maybe a secret decoder ring, lol. ;)

I've never met one knowingly, but I have suspicions that I have unknowingly (esp. one lady who goes to my church).

Hey Sareca, I live in TX too. I'm here in Houston, so if you ever want to meet another LCHF member...just raise your hand and I'll be there! (Hummm I feel a M.J. song coming on..lol)

That's a great story. Man, Whip has everyone confused!

So what is the difference between softened and filtered?

Last edited:
That's a great story. Man, Whip has everyone confused!

So what is the difference between softened and filtered?

Here's the 411. That waterstick really has been a Godsend. If you live in a hardwater area, it will be the best investment in your hair you've ever made.

Here's a map of the US...
water-hardness-map.jpg

water-hardness-map-text.jpg

You can also buy water test kits from any place that sells aquarium fish. :yep:

Last edited:
Here's the 411. That waterstick really has been a Godsend. If you live in a hardwater area, it will be the vest investment in your hair you've ever made.

water-hardness-map.jpg

Thanks for this mama!!!! I have a shower filter.... But - I did not know about this....

Oh man i hope she reveals herself. Great story.

I need to look into the water here, i think it's hard. Do you have a map like that for Canada????

Oh man i hope she reveals herself. Great story.

I need to look into the water here, i think it's hard. Do you have a map like that for Canada????

Sure do...

hard_water_canada.gif

I would test anyway tho. From the map of Texas, it looks like my water should be softer than it is.

Gosh, I'm glad it wasn't me that walked up to talked to you. I would have cried. :sad:

I was thinking snotty thoughts but I didn't let my face or tone express them (at least I don't think I did). I'm not that chick (although I am tired of people asking me about my hair then not listening to the answer). Anyway, I sorta crinkled my nose, tilted my head, look up at the ceiling and said "um... well... it varies."

If I ever were to put a bumper sticker on my car it would say "Mean people suck." That's why I should have known it wasn't Whip I met. I really didn't have an attitude. I'm so naive sometimes...
sad0089.gif

Last edited:
Here's the 411. That waterstick really has been a Godsend. If you live in a hardwater area, it will be the best investment in your hair you've ever made.

water-hardness-map.jpg

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't think any attachable thing will work for me because I live in a very very old apartment building and the fixtures are different. I did buy a shower filter but it's not compatible with my shower fixtures. I'm in an "extremely hard" region.

Would buying distilled water be similar? I tried but I had to be extra extra careful not to get conditioner on my scalp in that case because I couldn't rinse with strong water pressure for several minutes and just pouring cups of water over my head didn't remove the conditioner film. So I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't think any attachable thing will work for me because I live in a very very old apartment building and the fixtures are different. I did buy a shower filter but it's not compatible with my shower fixtures. I'm in an "extremely hard" region.

Would buying distilled water be similar? I tried but I had to be extra extra careful not to get conditioner on my scalp in that case because I couldn't rinse with strong water pressure for several minutes and just pouring cups of water over my head didn't remove the conditioner film. So I'm not sure what to do.

I'd print out the specs for the waterstick and take them with you to a plumbing store. There might be an adapter you could buy. It'll be worth the extra effort especially since you already know you have hard water. That water is doing worse things to your hair than your scalp/skin.

I thought about buying a distiller before I learned about the waterstick. I think it would be a lot of work but still worth it. Most days I just spray my hair with water I've collected from the waterstick. I used to resoak my whole head every morning because it would get crunchy overnight if (if I didn't keep it wet). My point is that you'll have to use a lot of water when you wash your hair but daily maintenance probably won't take that much water so a distiller is doable. :yep:

See if there's an adapter tho. The waterstick isn't some factory mass produced device. It looks like a retired plumber threw it together in his garage using leftover parts. I'd even go so far as to call a regular plumber out and ask him/her "How do I make this fit my shower?" If all else fails.

Mwedzi, what do your fixtures look like? I have an old one too; the kind where the hose is attached to a shower head and is only held up to the wall by a brace. I didn't think I could find a filter but I did. So can you find share a picture of what your shower looks like? I'm pretty sure there's something for it.

water-hardness-map.jpg

You know I live in a green area. I guess thats bad. We have a reverse osmosis system hooked up in our house. We use it for the fish and my plants and the dog. I have read the post where people use distilled water. I just figured I bath in and I drink it everyday so how bad can it be for my hair. Am I missing something? And like mwedzi a fileter is not going to fit on my shower head. The reverse osmosis is just a more advanced filtration so Im not sure it will make much differnce. Maybe I will buy some distilled water and do a test.

She probably felt bad; but since she’s a member, I’m sure she will find answers to all of her questions. Poor thing, she was just trying to be nice.

That’s why I never ask women about their hair even though I think it’s real. In most cases I found out that they were wearing a weave. Besides, I already knew about an excellent hair care regimen before I stumbled across these hair care websites.

Back