I met my first LHCFer!

sareca

I've been here for 3 years and I've yet to meet another LHCFer in real life. That changed today! :woohoo2:

I was shopping in WholePaycheck (aka Wholefoods) and a beautiful young woman walked up and asked what I used on my hair. I'm so used to people's eyes gazing over that I didn't even wanna talk hair. I said something snotty like "It varies." :imsorry: :blush3: *I thought for sure I knew how this conversation was gonna go.* Fortunately, she was undaunted. She started telling what she was experiencing and I recognized the description immediately! I experienced that same thing for year and years. She had classic hard water buildup symptoms. Texas water is crazy hard. I told her about the waterstick and ran down the differences between a softener and a filter. She didn't even flinch. Actually, she said something witty (that I can't remember right now). :eek: Most people have mentally checked out long before this point in the conversation. :detective: Now I'm suspicious. I casually mentioned learning a bunch from LHCF. She laughed and said 'I'm a member too!' :eek: I felt like she said 'I'm a kindred spirit.' It was like being in a foreign land and meeting another person from the old country. :hug2: It's so weird to hear the exact words you've said coming out of someone else. :cool:

Anywho, she told me her screen name but I forgot (and I wouldn't post it without her permission anyway). So, if you met a crazy chick in Wholefoods that got way too excited about you being a member here (and that told you never EVER use Texas water on your hair again), "Hi." :wave:

:update: Guys, it wasn't WhipEffectz1. She thought saying it was her would be funny. I still don't know who it was...

Last edited:
It was me girl!!!!! Nice to meet cha with that stank attitude!!!! Everything is big in Texas especially the "tude!" :giggle:

I'm mad that you didn't write her screen name down!! lool I'm so happy you found a fellow LHCFer! You should have got her number or something and kept in touch! I would cuz in Mississippi, people who wanna talk hair are hard to come by LOL

That's a cute story, but I must say I am a bit disappointed in you, Sareca, and this member, whom I later learned was WhipEffectz1. How could you not break the ice the more normal way? Or weren't you wearing your T-shirt today? <--Another total faux pas.

You see, the way I do it is:

SupermanNikosCousin-vi.jpg

And if the person flashes back the same, I know she's legit and there's no cause for alarm. :look:

That's a cute story, but I must say I am a bit disappointed in you, Sareca, and this member, whom I later learned was WhipEffectz1. How could you not break the ice the more normal way? Or weren't you wearing your T-shirt today? <--Another total faux pas.

You see, the way I do it is:

SupermanNikosCousin-vi.jpg

And if the person flashes back the same, I know she's legit and there's no cause for alarm. :look:

:lachen:
I was off LHCF duty today. I'll make sure to wear my t-shirt at all times from now on. :) It wasn't WhipEffectz1. I don't know who it was... :(

Last edited:
I didn't think of that until I got home. I was hoping to flush her out with this thread. I thought maybe she was a lurker. I didn't know it was Whip. I feel like I totally lucked out. Not only did I meet another LHCFer, but I met an avid poster. Yay! :happydance:

Just pulling ya leg Sareca.:lachen:

Back