I MET A NIKOS COUSIN!! **does happy dance**

doll-baby

I'm in protective styles (half wigs / weaves) so much that nobody would approach me as a cousin lol. The one time I suspected someone being a cousin she gave me a kooky look when I asked her hint questions, like do you "protective style" or "baggy". Ohwell ...

ThatJerseyGirl

ok...so break it down for an ole gal like me.

so nikko's cousin is someone who is a member of this board??? or actually a real cousin.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
:wave: @simplekomplexity

I started to make a thread about it too but I noticed you haven't been posting as much lately and I didn't think you would see it. I was so nice to meet you! You are so sweet and you have very smooth skin too!! And about the stretching, chiiiile all I saw was THICKNESS!! Your hair is so thick! Love it!

You guys are so sweet! I hope you all get to meet a Nikos cousin too. I spend so much time on this board that I remember your faces. When I saw her the first thing that caught my eye was her AKA jacket (we go to a private Christian college with no sororities), then when she turned her head to the side while talking to someone, I knew it was her! I was nervous but I knew she was a sweetheart by reading her posts.:grin: She is just as sweet in person as she is on the board!

I think what simplekomplexity was trying saying that there are very few LHCF members in MS. I think there are only 5 of us (including me). She didn't mean that women in the "dirty dirty" don't care about haircare. I've met all the members in MS except one. Me and her were supposed to hook up for lunch one day but I think she's really busy.

Don't be afraid to ask if you think someone is one of us. Everyone I've met from the board has been very nice. I hope we can do another Southern meet-up. I so enjoyed myself!:yep:

topnotch1010

@ThatJerseyGirl- Yeah, I think there are a lot of members in that area, a lot more than around here.

A Southern LHCF meet would be AWESOME!!!

Girl, we had so much fun! They have NOLA meet-ups all the time. I tried to make the last one but it didn't work out. Check out the Meetings forum and the next time I'm in your city I'll let ya know. If you're not too busy maybe we can go to lunch or something.

Fab_Nikki

Cute story!!! I wanna meet a verified Cousin. :sad:

I am almost sure I meet a cousin in Macy's the other day. IF she wasn't a cousin then she was a step-cousin from another board. :grin: I saw her pretty curlies and attacked her for product details. LOL

IF YOU WERE AT THE G-SHOCK watch stand in Macy's @ PENTAGON CITY on Black Friday....HEY COUSIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lachen:

NikkiQ

@ThatJerseyGirl- Yeah, I think there are a lot of members in that area, a lot more than around here.

Girl, we had so much fun! They have NOLA meet-ups all the time. I tried to make the last one but it didn't work out. Check out the Meetings forum and the next time I'm in your city I'll let ya know. If you're not too busy maybe we can go to lunch or something.

The last time I checked the meetings forum, the only NOLA one I saw had passed already. I might have to try to get the ball rolling on another one. Maybe around Mardi Gras. That would be FUN!!! Yeah let me know when you head back this way. I'm totally down with hanging out. And I'm transitioning so you'll be able to spot these roots a mile away :lachen:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I found it funny; I knew you were kidding, too. I'm from the deep South, NW Florida. I think the closest Nikos Cousin to me is divachyk. But I doubt I'll run into a Nikos Cousin where I live 'cause all of the AA salons are still doing the plastered, sprayed down, finger-waved hair styles here. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
PB, remind me, where do you live again? I'm in the Penscola/Fort Walton Beach/Destin part of NWFL area. I think there is someone on here that lives in Pensacola (think it's member cmbodley). I live on the outskirts of Pensacola.

Side Note: I called to make an appointment at a new salon today and the stylist said her client taught her a new concept -- DUSTING! :grin: I'm sure that client is a Nikos Cousin. When I visit the salon, I will have to find this client to ask the famous...are you a Nikos Cousin? I've seen so many beautiful heads (while outlet shopping in Destin, FL) and wanted to ask but I was afraid too.

I did meet a long lost cousin in Orlando a few weeks back. She's on the hairlista website. I told her to friend request me there and join here but I haven't heard a peep from her. :sad:

Pompous Blue

PB, remind me, where do you live again? I'm in the Penscola/Fort Walton Beach/Destin part of NWFL area. I think there is someone on here that lives in Pensacola (think it's member cmbodley). I live on the outskirts of Pensacola.

Side Note: I called to make an appointment at a new salon today and the stylist said her client taught her a new concept -- DUSTING! :grin: I'm sure that client is a Nikos Cousin. When I visit the salon, I will have to find this client to ask the famous...are you a Nikos Cousin? I've seen so many beautiful heads (while outlet shopping in Destin, FL) and wanted to ask but I was afraid too.

I did meet a long lost cousin in Orlando a few weeks back. She's on the hairlista website. I told her to friend request me there and join here but I haven't heard a peep from her. :sad:
I live in Panama City and work in Panama City Beach. And I, too, shop at Silversands a lot.

Yeah, it does sound the client is a Nikos cousin....LOL. There may be more of us in NW Florida than we know.

chasturner84

I'm jealous!!! I have yet to meet a cousin...but then again, I live in Nashville, TN so there could possibly be a shortage of us here :ohwell:

topnotch1010

I'm jealous!!! I have yet to meet a cousin...but then again, I live in Nashville, TN so there could possibly be a shortage of us here :ohwell:

I know at least one in Nashville. She went to high school with me and we're friends on FB. I forgot her screen name but she posted pics in a thread one day and I happened to see them. I had no idea she was on here before that. I don't think she posts much but she PS her way from EL to almost BSL by using wigs. She should be BSL by now actually.

It's a small world!

D.Lisha

O-M-Gee...i'm jelly!
Cute story :)
I'm in South Carolina (Florence to be exact)....the only other Niko's cousin I know of is DaDragon Princess...and she's in Columbia...about an hour away from where I am...*sigh*

lovelexi

funny story, lol i would have forgot about "niko" too but she does seem like a sweetheart. I cant wait for my chance to meet one of you ladies....cmon Brookyn, NY where are you?
There are so many Niko's cousins hanging around. I've met quite a few. One girl that attends school with me and we are in the same class! Just don't be afraid to ask. I'm always suspicious and just throw it out there like hey are you a LHCF member. :grin:
Other than that...I'm sooo happy to hear about that! :yep:

NappiShawti

how neat!
i 'saw' a nikos cousin about a month ago at the BSS in camp creek (atl) i knew exactly who she was the minute i saw her. unfortunately i got nervous like it was a celeb & didnt say anything. i was also w/ my bf & he kept askin me 'whats wrong, who was that girl?"

lol i will speak next time...whats up Lexiwiththecurls?!

SimpleKomplexity

O-M-Gee...i'm jelly!
Cute story :)
I'm in South Carolina (Florence to be exact)....the only other Niko's cousin I know of is DaDragon Princess...and she's in Columbia...about an hour away from where I am...*sigh*

I just wanted to say that your siggy is absolutely gorgeous. You are beautiful!

Platinum

Great story! Hopefully, I'll get to meet a cousin one day.:look: I travel all over the country and I always wonder if I see some of Nikos cousins on the highway, Walmart, etc.

wyldcurlz

that's so cool!! i've walked up to a FEW people and asked "are you Niko's cousin?" and they allll look at me like "no, crazy girl. wth are you talking about?" cool that you two met!

i wanna just run into one of y'all - so watch out! i'm on the hunt for girls with beautiful hair AND I'M ASKIN!! "are you NIKO'S COUSIN?!?!?!"

Lady Esquire

Cool. Her hair is so pretty and full. A few weeks ago, I was downtown Atlanta and saw a widely-known member. She flew by me with a crowd of freinds. At first, I thought to myself, "Nice hair." And then, when she got close, I thought, "She looks familiar. Hmmmm, from where?" And by the time I figured out who she was, she was gone. I would have looked like a stalker calling her out while she was with a group of people anyway. Her hair was :love: in person.

Ladybelle

I would have NEVER thought I would meet a Nikos cousin because first of all I live in the dirty South and NOBODY is really being concerned about hair or its health unless we're talking bout the newest grease out lol.

Well I was walking to my professor's office and someone comes towards me and says HEY! Aren't you Nikos cousin?! At first I was like...Who is Nikos? lol Then I finally caught up in my brain and looked at her hair looking all healthy and wonderful and dang her skin was so clear lol. I was like YEAH!! I'm Nikos cousin!! lol Then I got half way embarrassed lol. I'm stretching...and I'm almost 10 weeks so I'm sure she got a good look at these roots lol. But it's all love lol :giggle:. *crosses fingers to BSL hair by Valentine's Day*

I told her I was gonna hit her up on here, but it was just sooo nice seeing someone from the board!

So, Hey!! @topnotch1010 :wave:

watch it now, I'm from the dirty south & I care about MY hair & it's health & I'm SOMEBODY!!! Seriously, is that what we call each other when we happen to meet each in person, nikoscousin??? On the rare occassion I see someone with a healthy head of hair, I wanna ask 'em, "are you on LHCF?". LOL! cute story.

ETA: nevermind everything I said except cute story, I went back & read all the comments after I posted. :spinning:

Last edited:

MissHoney26

@Chasturner Hey niko's cousin! lol I'm in Nashville too! I believe there is a shortage here as well.

Last edited: