**I Made Clip-Ins**

AudraChanell

I made two weave clip-ins/B] by sewing wig clips onto tripled, 14", wet-n-wavy tracks. I choose wet-n-wavy so I can wear them either wavy or straight. When the two clip-ins are worn together it mimics my ideal weave, but because I tripled the clips I can wear either alone. I made one for my nape (4 clips) and the other to run ear- to-ear (7 clips). I used a Youtube vid to sue me how to anchor the clip.

I used:
Large Wig Clips
Small Wig Clips
14" wet n wavy weave (but I maxiglided it)
Weaving Thread
Straight Sewing Needle

The pic below is my MaxiGlided hair and the Clip-ins. I will update the photo once I put them in!

ebsalita

Well done you they look really neat - good job!:grin:

I made my own too, when I was wearing a weave as it meant I didn't have to rely on a technician to get them re-sewn, could wash more often, move them around the head so the same hairs weren't stressed..... the list is endless.

I was thinking about it today actually. Do you know whether it could be done with really expensive indian temple hair - would you trust yourself?

LongLeggedLife

Good work, I dont even bother to sew the hair to the clip.
You use more clips than me too, I only put 3 on a track that is going from ear to ear...
Are you planning on keeping it in for more than one day at a time?--your method looks super secure.

AudraChanell

Thanks :) No, I plan to take them out at night and I plan to make a few more sets out of 16", 18", and slightly colored haior just for versatility. Hmm, how are you attaching the slips Long Legs??

AudraChanell

Do you all make a braid to attach the clips to? I just put them on my straight hair and feel like I want a 2" braid at the sides or something. All of my hair is free and out.

Tiye

Looks good. I like the idea of just using two of them. I've been planning to make a set but I'm lazy about it - this looks quicker.

theAlist

This post is right on time for me! so you only made two clip-ins with 3 wefts for each clip-in set? I hope I'm saying that right. Either way that's genius! I've wanted to try this but I don't want to "mess up" :lol:. I like the idea of using wet and wavy hair...I think that would blend so much better with my texture!

LongLeggedLife

Thanks :) No, I plan to take them out at night and I plan to make a few more sets out of 16", 18", and slightly colored haior just for versatility. Hmm, how are you attaching the slips Long Legs??

I just wedge the track in!
When I first did it, I planned on sewing them on, then I saw that I could be lazy and just pop the clip open, kinda stick the track in there and then just clip it in--it lays flat too, but yours are so much more professionally finished!

AudraChanell

Its like this guy's video has vanished; I watched it on my iphone Youtube lol. He is dancing at the beginning of the video and he's been a stylist for 10-15 years? Still looking

Russet

Is it any bulky when you put both of them on? Or would you recommend only doubling the tracks if you're planning on using more than one track?

AudraChanell

Hi, thanks! I just finished making two 18". I plan to dye my hair and MaxiGlide tonight.

I only used three clips per weft this set, but I did triple up the tracks. Because it's 18" I have to wear them together. Here's the tutorial I used to sew in the clips on my first attempt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HH43qhXgfw

Last edited:

theAlist

18" clip ins

:drunk: NICE! It looks so natural. I just finished sewing the clips on mine. It's a cheap 12 inch human hair I just picked up to try out. I thought the 12in would be longer but it's the same length as my hair. Oh well, I'll just use it for thickness. Since I have the hang of it now I'll probably buy a 16in later and make a longer set.

MrsWatson

I've been working on making my own clip in's for a good 2 weeks now. You just gave me the motivation to finish them. Yours look really nice!