I love My New Natural Hair (long)

LisaG

Hi Ladies,

I would just like to thank you for all of the suggestions that I've gotten since I became a member. Friday I took my hair out of cornrows b/c I was going to get box braids for the braid challenge that starts on 23rd. So I deep conditioned and all that and put my hair in about 12 braids not forgetting the scurl and Woojee cream and stuff, tied it up and went to bed. In the morning took them out and my hair was so soft, wavey and fluffy.
I wish I had a camera to show you...I went to the store to get a digital carmera but got over whelmed with all the computer stuff and left
So I could not keep my hands out of my hair. It looks so beautiful out and I practiced putting those little coily thingys all over and wore my hair out today. I got so many compelments. One guy even said "Wow Lisa your really looks nice and that's not weave or anything, huh?" My other friends said stuff like: that's you, you need to keep your hair like that the natural look. I have never wore my hair natural, when I was a kid yeah but that's different. I'm open and hooked. I have fallen off of the braid challenge wagon
and will be wearing my hair out for oh I don't know.. Wetting hair daily, condition washes and the Surge thing really made my hair just take off growing. I will be putting those 12 or so braids back in every other night so that it not dread up. Oh yeah forgot very shiney. It looks like I have 3/c? type of hair but when picked out 4/a cottony fine. I'm just so proud of my hair I don't know what to say... wish I could speak just can't type as fast as my thoughts and feelings. I was going to go the Curve Salon but that can wait I want to develop a healthy relationship with my new natural hair first
. Well I need to get info on how to pic so that you can see what you helped me to achieve. Just felt so free walking down the street knowing that all of the hair on my head was mine it felt like......

Thank You
Thank You
Lisa

I'm not in braids right now I don't know how to take that sig out of there.

Chimma

Cool!

I can't wait until my hair grows out, because I like my hair a lot too! I've been surprised at how moisturized looking and extremely manageable that my regular routine makes my hair. And I love the strength and thickness of my natural hair. I can't wait until it grows long, long.

Thanks for sharing.

Nay

Yaaaay, Lisa:

I hope your love affair with your hair never ends

And if you love it, it will love you right back!

LisaG

Now I just have to relax when I go to Best Buy and get the dog gone camera ... been putting it off, so confusing. You guys just have to see this. I'll go peeping today. I have lots of before pics with no hair so that's not a problem.
Got up just now to put my hair in cornrows was thinking about it getting really tangled and could not sleep.
lol

LisaG

Oh yes yes it does! I got my camera! I got my camera! I'll be studying tonight
, and should have at least one picture of now. How could I get the shorthair pics to be seen though? A picture of a picture? I'll try that.

nijilah

I look forward to seeing your hair!

I don't know if it is just me, but lately there have been so many pictures of naturals on the board and it has been quite overwhelming
! I am a natural 3c/4a for 2-3 years now and I almost went back to the relaxer even though my hair doesn't THRIVE with the relaxer.

It was like the naturals just rushed in and gave me so much inspiration with hair styles and the versibility (sp?) of natural hair.

Now, the ladies with growing relaxed hair are also an inspiration, but as a natural, I began to wonder if one could have long, thick, and somewhat course hair. I thought that I was the only one with MAJOR shrinkage! Because I had long and thick hair as I child, I have to wonder why I thought this way?

nijilah

I don't know if it is just me, but lately there have been so many pictures of naturals on the board and it has been quite overwhelming
! I am a natural 3c/4a for 2-3 years now and I almost went back to the relaxer even though my hair doesn't THRIVE with the relaxer.

It was like the naturals just rushed in and gave me so much inspiration with hair styles and the versibility (sp?) of natural hair.

Now, the ladies with growing relaxed hair are also an inspiration, but as a natural, I began to wonder if one could have long, thick, and somewhat course hair. I thought that I was the only one with MAJOR shrinkage! Because I had long and thick hair as I child, I have to wonder why I thought this way?

nijilah