I have a ?

MyNameIsCiara

Do any of yOu use pure Olive Oil on yOur hair? If sO, what dO yOu mix with it? and I alsO wanted tO knOw if GNC Nourishair Vitamins are goOd? Thanks...

Nyambura

surfer girl
Hi Ciara ~
I use extra virgin olive oil on my hair -although any old olive oil, "extra virgin" or not, will do. I usually apply it, warm (not hot), to my damp hair for at least 15 minutes before I shampoo. In the past, I have added it to conditioners. It actually seemed to improve how Nexxus Ensure Acidifyer worked on my hair. My hair is relaxed. My mom, who has beautiful, almost brastrap length natural hair (1 inch away), mixes it with distilled water in a 1:3 ratio (e.g., 1 tbsp of EVOO to 3 tbsp of water). She keeps the combo in a spray bottle and spritzes her hair daily. Something must be right, because she started out above-shoulder length about a year-and-a-half ago. HTH

Hopefully, someone can answer your GNC Nourishair question. I've never taken them.

J

JenniferMD

I tried the olive oil once, but I think applied it wrong and it made my hair hard. The GNC nourishair vitamins are great. I just finished my first bottle three days ago. I haven't replinished my bottle yet, but I just purchased the GNC's multi-vitamin for women and super botin.

LABETT

I mainly use Extra Virgin Olive Oil and reg Olive Oil for
pre hot oil treatments and mix it with my Nexxus Headdress
Leave-in conditioner.

L.Mo.

I do the same as Nyambura.

Nyambura, does the oil separate from the water in your mom's spray bottle?

Nyambura

surfer girl
Yeah, the oil and water separate.

LiqueXX

I use extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) as a hot oil treatment and I add it to my conditioners. I have heard of other women using it daily but I have never tried this.
I have never used GNC Nourishair, it is on my to buy list. I have used GNC Women's Mega and Biotin and I am satisfied with them.