I had a revelation

OMG! I don't know how long it took for me to finally get this same revelation. Now I do so much less to my hair. I definitely improved my haircare so thats what was needed. I have spent soooooooo much $$$$$$$$ trying everything on the board. For a while it was pretty ridiculous! I'm cured now. I only spend so much $$$$$ on the products that work for me:lachen:

I must have spent thousands. Well I'm done. My last order was hairveda and that was 3 weeks ago. From now on whenever I get the urge I'm putting that money in a jar for something more useful.

I've been doing that, using up all my products..and let me tell you it is such a good feeling to throw and empty bottle in the garbage. Now I just keep one leave-in, one conditioner, and one oil in the bathroom. So far I've used up three bottles of stuff.

When I first joined the board, I think I spent like 1500$ or maybe more in one year on products and wigs. I'm mad that money could have gone to my savings.

I still have my urges to run out and buy something, but I realize that there is no magic in a jar, plus I'm trying to embrace more natural-kitchen stuff.

I too believe in KISS.

OP you're so right.

I could never be a PJ. It wouldn't help me @ all.

I don't co wash or pre poo. I just shampoo, use my homemade conditioner (I did buy lekair but gave it to my sister), MT and then moisturise my hair with my homemade moisturiser...if I run out of that I slap shea and olive oil in my hair.

Moisturising is very important for hair.

Simplicity is key BUT having said that there are women who have developed a routine with many products (usually trial and error) and have managed to get healthy hair.

I totally agree. That was my philosophy when I joined, but then I got caught up. After 10 months on here and bins full of useless products, I'm back to K.I.S.S.

I must have spent thousands. Well I'm done. My last order was hairveda and that was 3 weeks ago. From now on whenever I get the urge I'm putting that money in a jar for something more useful.

This helps A LOT. I was going to the salon so much - I just had to stop & I started putting the $40 in my savings account. That money added up so fast! I'm only going to go the salon for a special treat from now on & the same with products - I will only buy something when I need it.

This helps A LOT. I was going to the salon so much - I just had to stop & I started putting the $40 in my savings account. That money added up so fast! I'm only going to go the salon for a special treat from now on & the same with products - I will only buy something when I need it.

Man I could imagine how much money I could have saved. Now I'm looking at all the junk I bought and counting my dollars.:nono:

Thanks for posting this. I really have learned in the last three months that my hair does good with just washing and deep conditioning and putting my hair in a puff and leaving it alone. My hair is thanking me for it and so is my wallet.

I was a past victim as well. I easily spent over $4,000 on lacefronts, wigs, products, salons :( I even went natural like 3 different times following other people. I want my money and my hair length back lol. I keep it simple now. wash, deep condition, rollerset, and wrap 1x a week.

Back