I Had a Hair Nightmare! And I'm 10 months into my transition :-)

MummysGirl

I'm a few days over 10 months post and I've had no thoughts of relaxing my hair... none AT ALL! I'm not even tempted to straighten and see my actual length...

Why did I have a nightmare in which I relaxed my hair?!?!?!? :pullhair:
My friends were acting smug asking why I relaxed my hair... saying they "thought I was transitioning" :)bat:). I explained to them why I did it (which I can't remember now :rolleyes:) and I said I was going to start transitioning again.

I woke up soooo relieved :lachen:

Why not make this a 2-in-1 post? :grin:

I'm 10 months post :yay:

At least 8 more months of transitioning left. My hair's currently in braids (no extensions) and I plan to leave them in for 3 weeks... I usually leave them in for 2 weeks and leave hair out for 2 weeks (for my curly styles) but I've decided to try out 3 weeks in braids, 1 week (hair out) in curly styles. They've been in for 2 weeks so far and I think this new plan is a keeper. This is how my hair looks today:

I'm loving my transition :yep: and I can't believe how much I want 8 months to fly by so I can be all natural... and a year older :grin:

Although at the rate at which I'm going, I won't be surprised if I transition for longer than 18 months... but I want to take it one step at a time so 1st goal = 18 months.

HHG Ladies and enjoy your weekend!!!!

Lol, that's funny. I had my hair straightened last week and it looked so good everyone was asking why I relaxed.

Im 9 months in, no specifc time period in mine on when I'll cut off my relaxed ends. Right now I'm trying to reach APL at the same time so I might try and hold off until them which will be at least another 12 months.

LOL! The friends, I mentioned in the dream, would be excited if they thought I relaxed my hair, lol!

I figured I'd see how I feel @ 18 months and take it from there... I think I got back to APL without realising!!!

We're only 2 weeks apart :grin:

Lol, that's funny. I had my hair straightened last week and it looked so good everyone was asking why I relaxed.

Im 9 months in, no specifc time period in mine on when I'll cut off my relaxed ends. Right now I'm trying to reach APL at the same time so I might try and hold off until them which will be at least another 12 months.

:hiya: Team members
How's it going? Can't wait for the challenge to start next year :yep:
Yay! Glad to know your friend successfully went natural, just in case my dream was a sign :lachen:

Hey Team Captain!. thats soo funny. My gf who went natural a few years ago had that seem dream! lol

Man whats really going on? I had a dream I relaxed AND cut my hair ....really wierd, I think it's in the water lol. Congrats on your transition MummysGirl.:) How many more inches of relaxed hair do you have?

oooo scary! i've had dreams about BCing too soon, and cutting too much off and wake up abit worried.
i think this is because i have been thinking about BCing alot but deep down i know i want to be one of those looong time transitioners lol

LOL! I've not started thinking about BC'ing yet... I think doing these braids help because I can see that my natural hair isn't long enough to rock this style yet... I won't be able to put it all in a ponytail, not even four little ponytails!

So... let's keep going :yep:

oooo scary! i've had dreams about BCing too soon, and cutting too much off and wake up abit worried.
i think this is because i have been thinking about BCing alot but deep down i know i want to be one of those looong time transitioners lol

:lachen: Nice to know I'm not the only one!

Thank you :grin:

I am not sure how many inches I have left (I don't measure)... I know that in very few areas, half is relaxed, half is natural... while in most areas, 1/3 is natural and 2/3 is relaxed. On average, I definitely have more relaxed hair than natural hair.

Man whats really going on? I had a dream I relaxed AND cut my hair ....really wierd, I think it's in the water lol. Congrats on your transition MummysGirl.:) How many more inches of relaxed hair do you have?

I had so many of these nightmares while I was transitioning. I have yet to have one now that I chopped. That's a common occurrence I believe though. Misskrisnew on youtube made a video about that...lol.

Hey Buddy!!!

:lachen: I'm a subscriber to her channel so I'll look for the video. I can laugh now but I was so disappointed and :wallbash: in my dream! :lachen:

I had so many of these nightmares while I was transitioning. I have yet to have one now that I chopped. That's a common occurrence I believe though. Misskrisnew on youtube made a video about that...lol.

Lol @ your dream. I had a dream where I straightened my hair and it was waist length. I woke up...still at APL :ohwell: :perplexed :lol:.

Congrats on being 10 months natural. I like your box braids (and all your siggy styles too!).

:lachen:@ your dream! You should be waistlength by the end of next year, right? :yep:

Thank you!!!!! :blush:
I've told you before... I'll say it again - I love your hair!
Lol @ your dream. I had a dream where I straightened my hair and it was waist length. I woke up...still at APL :ohwell: :perplexed :lol:.

Congrats on being 10 months natural. I like your box braids (and all your siggy styles too!).

:lachen:
That was a funny dream!

Thank you.... Congratulations to you too :grin:
lol @ the dream
Congrats on getting to 10 months!

Thank you so much. Hope your transition's going well :grin:
CONGRATS on your 10 month anniversary! Yippie! You are doing a GREAT job

Thank you... I hope so too :grin:
i hope your transitions continues to go smoothly. i have hair dreams all the time.

:lachen:@ your dream! You should be waistlength by the end of next year, right? :yep:

Thank you!!!!! :blush:
I've told you before... I'll say it again - I love your hair!

Thanks so much :). Yeah, I should be WL by the end of next year. Thank God the wait isn't that long because I was annoyed as heck when I woke up :lachen:.

Too funny. Same here girl. And you wake up breathless, rippin ya head scarf off lookin for curls ... ? Sigh ... it's still there. 'cause the thought of starting over again ...! Ahhhh!

LMBO.

10 months! Congrats...
I'm glad you are enjoying your transition.
I never had any dreams about relaxing my hair...
but I do know when I go to the BSS I make
sure I don't pass the relaxer aisle..lol

Thank you :)
Hope your transition's going well too :)
LOL! This nightmare felt so real!!! :lachen:
10 months! Congrats...
I'm glad you are enjoying your transition.
I never had any dreams about relaxing my hair...
but I do know when I go to the BSS I make
sure I don't pass the relaxer aisle..lol

:lachen:Starting over again now means 10 months before I get to where I am now... OMG! :lachen:

Too funny. Same here girl. And you wake up breathless, rippin ya head scarf off lookin for curls ... ? Sigh ... it's still there. 'cause the thought of starting over again ...! Ahhhh!

LMBO.

I said this before but dreams shouldn't always be interpreted so literal, they necessarily don't indicate an underlying desire... as you can see :lachen:

Congratulations on reaching the 10 month mark :grin:

Cute post! I have started having hair dreams too. I've even had dreams about a couple of members' avatar's....weird!

Back