I had the worst nightmare....................

sweettrini

......................last night. Some of you know that I have been transitioning to natural hair for the past 10 months. May will be a year!!
And lately because my hair has become so hard to manage, I've been toying with the idea of just cutting off the relaxed ends and braiding till I reach my desired length. I've actually been so frustrated that I thought about relaxing again. So anyway, last night I had this dream that I was taking out my braids (which I really do have in right now) and got so frustrated by not being able to style my hair that I marched down to the Yole's salon down the block from my house and relaxed my hair!!! It was so smooth and straight and I was happy for a minute. Then I went home and looked in the mirror and picked up my cordless phone to cancel my appointments with Curve Salon and Shavon for consultations about texturizing and it hit me that the last 10 months of hardwork were all gone....I started hyperventilating......... and then I woke up!!
I swear I jumped out of bed, ran into the bathroom and pulled off my head scarf. It felt so real I thought I had actually permed my hair. My heart was actually racing! Thank goodness, it was just my fuzzy ole braids (which I need to take out this weekend). Just wanted to share my funny story.

A_Christian

I know you were glad when you realized it was a dream. A lot of us have had hair nightmares, I think it's funny that we even think about our hair while we're unconscious

getmoore

what a coincidence!! I had a dream like that last night! I dreamed that I was dragged to a salon kicking and screaming by my friends and family. They strapped me to a chair and emptied a whole jar of relaxer onto my hair!After that they cut it into a chin length bob! I felt a scream welling up in my throat when they started chanting "Give her a mirror, let her see! It felt so real!! I've been natural for almost three years and I think that it's strange to have had this dream last night. I wonder if I'm subconciously thinking of relaxing? But I'm too in love with my natural hair!

miss_brown

Thank God both of those were dreams (although very funny
)

Anyway, sweettrini, I transitioned with braids for about 9 months and then I did a not-so-big cut. For me, that was the easiest thing to do because dealing with two textures is pretty hard. Good luck with everything.