I got Kinky twist...

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I decided to get my hair done last night because trying to workout in the mornings before work and doing my hair was not working unless it was a fall or a phonybun and I was getting so frustured so I called my braider and she came and did kinky twist for $ 50.00.

So anyways I have two questions:

1. She stated that to make my braids last I shouldn't use any water base product just oil sheen, now I know that's not the case but how does everyone here take care of their kinky twist.

2. Also I need pictures of styling options beside just letting them hang down. How does everyone wear their twist.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Hello anyone home.

It seems like I pull teeth trying to get help on the hair board. I almost don't feel like posting.

Can someone please reply????

NinasLongAmbition

I've never had kinky twist post lhcf, but I'm sure you should moisturize your scalp every night and buy a braiding spray to keep your hair moisturized. I know what you mean, if your post doesnt grab anyone its going to be hard to get replies.

missnurselady

When I wear my twist I wash with diluted poo once a week or once every two weeks depending on what im using on my scalp. I dont use any conditioner because of build up so after I wash I spray my roots and the length of my braids with a mix of Infusium, African Royale braid spray, and rose water and then tie my hair down with a satin scarf to prevent frizziness. I usually wear my hair with the sides pinned up after they begin to loosen up, or I wear the top up and the back down, or i wear one of those skinny stretch head bands.

Last edited:

mahoganee

I just took some down a little over a week ago. I wash & condition or cowash as I normally do but I make sure that I rinse really well to get the conditioner out. Afterwards I spray my leave in on it after it airdried for a while. I wore mine in a ponytail, half up half down with a few left out in front for bangs and sometimes in a french roll. I also oil my scalp in the evening several days a week.

Justice4alw

I decided to get my hair done last night because trying to workout in the mornings before work and doing my hair was not working unless it was a fall or a phonybun and I was getting so frustured so I called my braider and she came and did kinky twist for $ 50.00.

So anyways I have two questions:

1. She stated that to make my braids last I shouldn't use any water base product just oil sheen, now I know that's not the case but how does everyone here take care of their kinky twist.

2. Also I need pictures of styling options beside just letting them hang down. How does everyone wear their twist.

Wow! Fifty dollars! What a great deal!

When I had kinky twists in the past I would wash them with diluted shampoo and rinse them well with water, then spray a leave-in (usually Infusium 23, as one of the other posters, mixed with a little braid spray and water).

For styling I would either:

1. Let them hang.
  2. Headband with back hanging down.
  3. French roll.
  4. Half up, half down.
  5. Ponytail.
  6. French braid.
  7. Messy bun.
  8. And I would sometimes rollerset them.
Hope this helps!

ackee walk

I just took out my kinky twists.

I washed them with diluted shampoo (as other ladies have said). I attempted to deep condition once or twice but I am not sure what good that really did. For the most part, I conditioned by spraying my hair with diluted conditioner. I also moisturized them with a mix of leave-in conditioner (moisture), water (moisture) and apHogee keratin and green tea restructerizer (protein). I kept my hair tied down whenever it looked a little frizzy and always when I went to bed.

I wore my hair half up half down, in a pony tail, in a bun, all down...

Be careful not to leave them in too long. I have 4b hair that can easily dread. If your hair is anything like that, don't keep 'em in for longer than 6 - 8 weeks and don't put too many products on your roots because they will dread, matt and be a pain to detangle.