I finally created an Album.... Take a look.

Kinkyhairlady

After being on this sight for over a year a finally decided to make an album. I started really taking care of my hair Sept. 03 and it grew to a nice shoulder length a year later. But foolish me had to go put some braids in last Oct. and I took them out and washed my hair and I was left with knots and tangles. I tried to save it but unfortunately my stylist had to cut off 6 inches. Now I am back to square one and I hope it grows back fast. So I just purchased a new camera and I said let me start sharing my progress with you ladies. So feel free to look into the album and leave any advice for me as far as what I can do to speed up the growth. Here is the link

http://public.fotki.com/Ellis02124/my_hair/

password: grow

Ellis, your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! It looks very healthy and shiny and the cut looks great! Looks like you are off to a great restart!!

I made the same mistake with my first set of braids and lost some hair but not inches.

I wish you all the luck in your hair growing journey!!

Beautiful! I am so sorry to hear about your hair nightmare, but it will grow back in no time! Your hair is so shiny and healthy looking!

Your hair is shiny and so healthy looking! You are right at the length I was at when I started...it will grow back and longer in no time. :)

Yes, your hair looks so shiny..Like you should be on a hair commercial :)
Very pretty. Your hair will grow, just continue to take care of it.

I can't believe you are 7 weeks post relaxer :shocked:...your hair looks good! It's soo shiney and looks silky. What are you putting in that hair of yours? Whatever it is keep it up because it's working! Good luck on your hair journey! :antlers:

dontspeakdefeat said:
Ellis, your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! It looks very healthy and shiny and the cut looks great! Looks like you are off to a great restart!!

I made the same mistake with my first set of braids and lost some hair but not inches.

I wish you all the luck in your hair growing journey!!

ITA and cosighing. Your hair is gorgeous.

Last edited:
lovelymissyoli said:
I can't believe you are 7 weeks post relaxer :shocked:...your hair looks good! It's soo shiney and looks silky. What are you putting in that hair of yours? Whatever it is keep it up because it's working! Good luck on your hair journey! :antlers:

I totally agree...your hair is beautiful and it looks so shiny and silky...very nice!

Thank You ladies for all the compliments. I hope within in six months much of my length can be back. With all the advice I get from the forum I know I will definately achieve it. Thanks again for all the support.

Your hair looks pretty. It has blinding shine!
54.gif

Your hair looks GREAT! I love the cut! I cannot believe you are 7 weeks post! I'm 7 weeks post right now and my hair is not looking like that :lol:

So give us the details on your rollerset, what did you use, what did you do after the set, did you blow it out/wrap it/flat iron it?

ms_kenesha said:
Your hair looks GREAT! I love the cut! I cannot believe you are 7 weeks post! I'm 7 weeks post right now and my hair is not looking like that :lol:

So give us the details on your rollerset, what did you use, what did you do after the set, did you blow it out/wrap it/flat iron it?

Thank You. I did a hot oil treatment with an oil called Metlex which has caster oil in it. Sat under the dryer for 30 mins and washed my hair out with Creme of nature "green bottle". Then I applied the "hair fixer" by loreal and rollerset with that and sprayed water on section that got dry. After the set was dry I applied some WGO and wrapped until the next day. That is how I got the results. I really contribute the shine and straightness to the mesh rollers and the WGO. Usually I rollerset with IC leave in treatment but I was getting some breakage so I had to use the hair fixer, it works great.

Brillant shine! :eek: Very healthy hair you'll achieve your goals in no time. Had the same problem with braids this summer, after taking them I comb through thoroughly, but still wicked tangles, caused a lot of breakage and was the main reason I had to cut approximately 3" off over the last three month. But I learned from that mistake, braided my hair again, and didn't lose anything extra. My solution, comb thoroughly, wash in plaits, and deep condition with lekair/humectress/or anything that give great slip [in plaits] before attempting to comb through again.

Good luck!

Ellis said:
After being on this sight for over a year a finally decided to make an album. I started really taking care of my hair Sept. 03 and it grew to a nice shoulder length a year later. But foolish me had to go put some braids in last Oct. and I took them out and washed my hair and I was left with knots and tangles. I tried to save it but unfortunately my stylist had to cut off 6 inches. Now I am back to square one and I hope it grows back fast. So I just purchased a new camera and I said let me start sharing my progress with you ladies. So feel free to look into the album and leave any advice for me as far as what I can do to speed up the growth. Here is the link

http://public.fotki.com/Ellis02124/my_hair/

password: grow

Your hair looks great!!! :) Especially at 7 weeks post relaxer! :wow: I couldnt tell at all! So nice and shiny!! Keep up the good work!

Back