How To Flat Iron Natural Type 4 Hair (youtubbe video)

ava2

I never have, but I can imagine that there would be more passes of the flat iron required or your hair will not get as straight. I also think there would be alot more product needed to ease the manipulation of air dried hair. If you notice, there was no product added to my hair during the flat ironing process. For me, adding product results in weighted down hair.

Orangemoon & Ava....I should have known better comin up on LHCF with out a prouct list :yep: I knew ya'll were gonna 'check' me. (Channeling Sheree` from HWofATL)

FHI Blow Dryer - Ulta Beauty
Runway Flat Iron - (an online beauty supply a year ago....can't remember)
Silk Elements MegaSilk - Sallys
Nioxin Thermal Bliss - Ulta Beauty
Jilbere Straightening Comb - Sallys
Net Wrap - Sallys

i appreciate the list!
Thank you :)

Southernbella.

I used to think this too. But it doesn't. If you're hair is truly well deep conditioned, a shampoo will no strip the moisture. If you didn't shampoo after using oils in your deep conditioner, I think that may result in a particle filled blow dry. That would be the first sign of a problem. If your blow dry is not light and weightless, expect problems when time comes to flat iron.

Yes, your blowdry was the business. :yep: Ok, I'm going to try this next week because I'm due for a length check. I was going to rollerset, but that can wait until next time.

westNDNbeauty

Your results were beautiful!

What brush did you use to blow dry?

Thanks.

The brush was nothing specific. I don't know the name of it. Got it from Sallys. I just made sure to look for a brush with balls at the tips of the bristles with a sparce amount of bristles so my hair doesn't get tangled when blow drying.

EleganceUnleashed

GREAT VIDEO!!!

How long does your flat iron usually last, and most importantly do you have any reversion problems? I seem to have a never ending battle with that and I ALWAYS deep condition before I flat iron.

Lynnerie

Thanks so much for sharing!!!! Your hair is gorgeous and I can't wait to get there! ( I need that straightening comb... and that flat iron)

westNDNbeauty

GREAT VIDEO!!!

How long does your flat iron usually last, and most importantly do you have any reversion problems? I seem to have a never ending battle with that and I ALWAYS deep condition before I flat iron.

Thanks. No problem with reversion on wash day. I acutally did encounter heat damage a few years ago when I first started flat ironing so I know what you mean, but it has all recently finally grown out (thank goodness, now my twists look normal!). I too used to always deep condition (using Aphogee 2 Step) before flat ironing when I first started. Even used a hell of a lot of "heat protectant"...and I still experienced heat damage (reason why I don't believe in heat protectant now:nono:)

But since focusing on moisture based deep conditioning, I haven't experience heat damage (knock on wood).

Flat irons last as long as I want it to:yep: If my hair didn't itch like hell I could go a month with it staying straight.

countrychickd

You did such a great job! I subbing to this thread because your results have intrigued me so much. I'm considering flat ironing my hair, which I've not done since my BC. Great job!

Stepiphanie

Very nice!! I will try this method when I decide to flat iron again. I actually have that comb, but never really used it .

classychic1908

Girl you make me sick..... lol. Beautiful results!! I love your pictures too, are you a model?

I had that comb and returned it because all it did was get tangled in my hair. And I don't think my hair has ever been that silky not even with a relaxer. Really good job!!!!!

westNDNbeauty

Girl you make me sick..... lol. Beautiful results!! I love your pictures too, are you a model?

I had that comb and returned it because all it did was get tangled in my hair. And I don't think my hair has ever been that silky not even with a relaxer. Really good job!!!!!

Thanks.

"I'm not a model, but I do play one on [YouTube]". :grin:

Vashti

I didn't think about the blow drying step. I'll definitely be getting a blow dryer! Your hair looks beautiful! Just subscribed too!

NaturalBoss

Great video. It was very well put together. Your hair looked fresh out of the salon (that's a compliment). Now you got me thinking about straightening my hair and doing a length check. :grin:

divinefavor

*subscribing*

Beautiful hair and wonderful technique!! I'm transitioning now (I'm currently 6 months post) and I'm adding this to my favorites. Thanks for the tutorial! I also looked at your signature style video tutorial...love it!!!

foxee

Thanks for posting this video and the product list. I'm definitely using your method the next time I flat iron.

NYAmicas

Seeker
Beautiful results and I loved the part where you had the hair blowing all over with your blowdryer.

Sorry if it's been answered, just scanned page one but what kind of brush is that when you're brushing out as you blowdry?

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
that was a great tutorial! i love how your hair turned out. i'm glad to know where i can find the Nioxin Thermal Bliss too. we finally have an Ulta down here. ♥