I Cut Nearly 4 Inches Off of My Hair!

renee_n_3000

I'm so happy with the result! My "U" shape is completely gone and it is blunt again!

I flatironed my hair, parted it down the middle, then pulled each half over my shoulder to cut it. I used a tape measure to be sure I was cutting the same amount from each side.

I've done this a few times before but I don't think I've ever cut this much off at one time. In fact, I think I cut about two inches off a few months ago. It's always the same -- I procrastinate for weeks because I'm afraid I'll miss the length. Then I go ahead and do it and am astonished that it hardly looks any shorter! It just looks thicker and blunt, like I wanted it. Several of you ladies have inspired me with pics of your gorgeous blunt ends.

Of course I can see that it isn't waistlength anymore, but no one else ever seems to be able to tell that I cut my hair if I point it out to them, so that's good.
Of course, I'll probably start to miss the "U" shape a few months from now and have it cut like that again. Such is life.

leejure

[ QUOTE ]
Redpoetess1 said:
WOW! That is great to hear. When are we going to see your album. I've been so excited about seeing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me Too!

renee_n_3000

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
That's great!

Did you not like the u-cut? I hate my hair so blunt cut and actually want a u-shape...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think you'll go ahead and get the "U" cut? I hope you like it if you do.

I always like the "U" shape for a while. Then I start wanting blunt ends again. Then I want layers. Then I start to think it's too long and it would be bouncier if I cut it.
It's a never-ending cycle for me.

I went out last night and felt a little pang of regret whenever I saw a lady that had "U" or "V" shaped hair that was as long as mine was before I cut it yesterday afternoon. But I'm still happy with my new cut!