I cut my own hair!!

nap2bfree

:grin:I did it!!!:grin:

I cut my own ends. My DH cut the back for me. All this time I have been scared to cut my hair because it had finally grown to APL. (Thanks to being natural for 3 years) It is amazing that I was scared to cut that little bit off. Cause when I went natural I cut all my hair off down to 1/4 of an inch.

Any way, I was going to go to a hair stylist but I was scared to pay that kind of money and then they get scissor happy.

I realized I had to do something though cause my ends were so bad that I had to detangle my ends everytime I passed a comb through it. Most of the time I ended up ripping through it cause it was that bad. My ends looked raggedy and dull.

I am soooo glad I did it. my hair looks and feels so much better. I cut about an inch off. But I feel it was well worth it. I know I can manage it better know. I won't have as much breakage so it should grow longer without all the damage.

For those of you who are thinking that it is better to go with keeping as much length as you can with out cutting bad ends. I am a testament that your hair will do much better with good ends. Not saying you have to always be cutting it, but I will most likley trim my ends every 6 mo if needed.

Be Blessed

lana

I'm glad you posted this because I'll be trimming my ends with the help of my husband today. I just have dry frizzy ends from when I used to misuse heat. The rest of my hair is thick and lush. It's hard to tell in that picture, but I have some spots that need to be evened up. I don't even comb my hair anymore cause I was tired of ripping through those ends (even after using the MaxiGlide).

I'm going to do this today and let everyone know how it turned out soon. Hopefully I'll be able to update my album. :rolleyes: