I Cut My Hair

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Not really but I did do a much needed trim. I took off about 1/2" of dead ends. I could had taken off any 1/2" to 1" but I will do it generally.

It seems that my ends are not downfall. No matter what I do my ends are always looking rough so I started thinking of what I can do to fix that problem and this is what I came up with:

1. I have to stop using serum. I love how my hair feels with it but when I use it my ends dries out and I can't get any moisture into them.

2. When I moisture and oil my hair at night, I have to do it by sections instead of just rubbing it in my hands and putting on my entire head and ends. Last night as I trimmed I moistured and oiled each section and clipped the section to the side. I see a difference.

So right now instead of my back pass my shoulder it is once again sitting on my shoulders. If I can beat this end problem I will be on my way to APL quickly. I am going to start taking a mult vitiams (maybe a hair and nails vitamin) for growth.

dillard

seems like a good plan! did you see the other thread on products for your ends? it was really good and might give you some other tips. how often do you use heat, I know that can be hell for our ends too, after i flat-ironed my hair a month ago, my ends just didn't seem the same, I had to dust some off so now I've banned heat to every 2-3 months. My new love is castor oil, it actually seems to ATTRACT moisture to my hair, so I put it on my ends every other night and pincurl.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I don' t use direct heat that much, for drying my hair I sit under the dryer and rollerset.

Yes I have found Castor Oil also and I'm in love. That is what I put on my hairl last night. I have been using it for about 2 weeks but with my ends so bad I wasn't getting the full effort from it. So now that my ends are a little cleaner I should really see how Castor works.

seems like a good plan! did you see the other thread on products for your ends? it was really good and might give you some other tips. how often do you use heat, I know that can be hell for our ends too, after i flat-ironed my hair a month ago, my ends just didn't seem the same, I had to dust some off so now I've banned heat to every 2-3 months. My new love is castor oil, it actually seems to ATTRACT moisture to my hair, so I put it on my ends every other night and pincurl.

lisana

Castor oil seems really popular on this board. I'm still trying to make up my mind. Right now, I use it on just my crown. I started using WGO on my ends at night and I love that so much. It's like castor oil for me but lighter.

KathyMay

You can do it LadyR I had to cut some of my ends also because they looked like someone had been chewing on them , hopefully this will get me to APL in 2008.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
OT:

Kathy,

Are you coming to NYC the last week in September? And congrat on the baby

Last edited: