I can't get my roots straight.

shinyblackhair

I can\'t get my roots straight.

I am lightly relaxed, meaning it's not bone straight. I decided to flat iron my hair today, and while I did a great job straightening it, my roots are too puffy that I can't wear my hair fully down. I have it mostly down with half of it caught up in a clip thingy. I don't blow dry (I don't even own a blow dryer) so my hair was air dried. Is that the problem?

If it were up to me I wouldn't have even flat ironed my hair today, but my husband said to me what's the point in having long hair if you never wear it down...well he's usually very supportive of my hair growth goals, but I think he thinks I'm a little too strict with myself sometimes. So I let my hair down! LOL...

Should I invest in a blow drier to get my roots straight, or is there another way to get straight roots?

Thanks

Allandra

Re: I can\'t get my roots straight.

Is it that your roots are puffy or that your roots aren't straight?

Allandra

Re: I can\'t get my roots straight.

When I straighten my hair with a flat iron and it seems a bit on the puffy side, I wrap my hair. Sometimes I have to sit under the dryer to calm the puffiness down (after it's been wrapped). Then I smack on a scarf. This usually does the trick for me.