I CANNOT blow dry my natural hair

seraphim712

So it looks like you had good success with the attachments that actually came with your dryer?

Yes, the wide tooth comb attachment is for the basic of blowdrying your hair, but the double comb ionic attachment actually straightens your hair( I suggest letting your hair airdry about 80% before using the ionic straighter). But the only thing is that the dryer itself is set to high when using the ionic straighter. There is a temperature selection so you can decide what temp (it has two settings)you would like to set your blowdryer on.

Soliel185

^^^^^ This is the one whose combs always break. Well these type dryers comb attachments seem to always break.

yeah, the comb attachment on the yellow bird is flexible, so it doesn't break and the teeth don't snap off. The hatchet dryer attachments always seem really brittle.

Country gal

Please tell me someone has a tutorial on blow drying natural 4a/b hair? I am kind of awkward with my hands and have a VERY hard time holding the blow dryer AND paddle brush at the same time. I just don't see how ya'll do it!

I feel like I need a blow dryer that has some sort of comb attached to it....do any naturals own and use such a dryer?

Any tips on techniques for blow drying natural hair would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

It takes practice. I section my hair off and do one section at a time with a blowdryer & comb attachment. I have not mastered the round brush yet.

sydwrites

I saw something like that in Target today and was tempted to buy it. Anyone using this device or something similar with any success?

I have the bigger version, its called Conair infinity hair designer i think.
I absolutely love it. Its the key to the perfect flat-iron for me and my tight 4a hair. I have a pic in my fotki but you're right its at target so you should be able to find pics on their website too.

Last edited:
I just bought the Andis and was thinking of using it with the brush attachment but now I want that Babyliss Hot Air Brush in the tutorial...maybe I'll try to find something similar at Target. My hair does not straighten well unless I do extremely small sections with very little to no product (not even heat protectant!).

tocktick

I can't blowdry with a brush in one hand and a blowdryer in the other hand either. I have to use a blowdryer with a comb attachment. I just take a section of hair, hold it taut at the ends, and begin blowdrying that section starting with the ends and then running it from root to ends. I blowdry the section until it is stretched out and dry. Hope that helps.

this is what i do. however, before i apply the blow-dryer with comb, i comb out the section so that there are no tangles. it also means that the blow-dryer can spend less time on that section since there are no tangles to get through.

jwhitley6

I have the bigger version, its called Conair infinity hair designer i think.
I absolutely love it. Its the key to the perfect flat-iron for me and my tight 4a hair. I have a pic in my fotki but you're right its at target so you should be able to find pics on their website too.

I have that dryer too. I love it. I put my hair into about 6 sections, detangle and hold hair tight while running the blowdryer up and down the section a few times, then I use the round brush. This works really well for me. I never have good results with comb attachments.

zzirvingj

I have that dryer too. I love it. I put my hair into about 6 sections, detangle and hold hair tight while running the blowdryer up and down the section a few times, then I use the round brush. This works really well for me. I never have good results with comb attachments.[/quote]

But this one has a sort-of "built in" comb (roundbrush) on it, right? I didn't see if the "roundbrush" part was detachable or not....

Anyone else have this model?

SoCalli

I have this one.

I have this one too, but I wouldn't recommend it b/c it is not ceramic. You should check out the Chi Rocket. It is pricey, but that is on my current wish list.

This one looks good too! It is called the Illuminator Tourmaline Ionic AC Motor Dryer. I think this one may be better than the Chi Rocket.

Last edited:

zzirvingj

Is this Babybliss dryer ceramic/ionic? I'm really interested in knowing how well of a job the roundbrush part of it does...

See...when my current stylist presses my hair, it is already very straight at the roots from blow drying it...so I need something that is particularly good at straightening the roots of the hair. When I blow dry my own hair, the roots are still kinky...and for some reason (even with the steam burst)...the roots still stay kinky/revert when I press with my Maxiglide after blowdrying it (I have a Revlon 1875 Tourmaline dryer). :ohwell:

zzirvingj

I have this one too, but I wouldn't recommend it b/c it is not ceramic. You should check out the Chi Rocket. It is pricey, but that is on my current wish list.

This one looks good too! It is called the Illuminator Tourmaline Ionic AC Motor Dryer. I think this one may be better than the Chi Rocket.

How much are the Chi Rocket and this Illuminator you have pictured here?

Anyone here use either one of these?

sydwrites

I have that dryer too. I love it. I put my hair into about 6 sections, detangle and hold hair tight while running the blowdryer up and down the section a few times, then I use the round brush. This works really well for me. I never have good results with comb attachments.[/quote]

But this one has a sort-of "built in" comb (roundbrush) on it, right? I didn't see if the "roundbrush" part was detachable or not....

Anyone else have this model?

Yes it does have a sort of comb built into it, that the one that I was talking about. It has like a two part motion so its kind of a fuzzy smoothing part then the comb part. Its supposed to help with shine I think. It does look similiar to that babybliss someone else posted. But yes if you want you can take that part off you can detach it, but thats the best part!

Country gal

I want the babybliss roundbrush the lady had in the video. I used the revlon hot air brush today and it was okay. My hair is too thick and I get impatient. My hair does feel softer with the brush versus the comb attachment.

momi

I use the CHI blow dryer and take my time.

First I apply a leave-in usually Jane Carters... then I detangle by sections using my denman brush. I clip each section after detangling. Then I blowdry in sections...

momi

Some of the nicer Bed Bath and Beyonds carry the CHI blow dryer - you can use the 20% coupon to help with the price.

A ceramic blow-dryer is a must. I have only used FHI and CHI blow dryers... the blow dryer makes all the difference!

zzirvingj

I use the CHI blow dryer and take my time.

First I apply a leave-in usually Jane Carters... then I detangle by sections using my denman brush. I clip each section after detangling. Then I blowdry in sections...

Is this the Chi "ROCKET" you are referring to?

How much does it retail for (regular price)? I think I may have a BB&B coupon laying around somewhere...:look:

Also, does the Rocket have multiple heat settings?