I big chopped!

sassy44a

My sister cut off my relaxed ends today. I'm very excited! I have no clue what my curl pattern is like, I'm just excited for my hair to grow long enough for me to style it in different ways. For now I plan to wear kinky twists. But yay, I have natural hair!

Any ideas about what to expect after big chopping? I transitioned for about 7 months.

Attachments

• 2013-04-13_21-43-51_746.jpg
    2013-04-13_21-43-51_746.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 281

BostonMaria

Congratulations!!

What happens next? Becoming a PJ LOL try different products and see what works for you

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Congrats! I transitioned for about the same amount of time but I just BC'd at the end of March, so I can't tell you too much but here is what I've learned so far:

1. Be sure to keep your hair really moisturized. I use an oil and water spritz twice a day.

2. Don't be surprised if your hair is in "shock" for about 3 months. From what I've read, it can take about that long for your curls to really clump together because they need some time to re-learn what to do. Then, after about 6 more months, your curl pattern could change again as your hair gains more length/weight.

3. Above all else, enjoy your new hair! I was a product junkie before my BC, so that hasn't changed; but it is nice to re-try some oldies that didn't work for my relaxed hair and to have an excuse to buy new stuff...lol