I am so THIRSTY, yelled my hair

seraphinelle

I have done a DC, did that on saturday.

I have used a moisturizer.

And still my hair is soo dry.. like brittle dry,

what am I doing wrong?

seraphinelle

Sorry I didn't mention it.

Saturday I did a relaxer. I'm underprocessed.

I DC with the ORS replenishing packs

The next day I did a protein treatment.

Still dry.

So I used motions moisturizer silk protein.

Still dry.

sexyaqr

For me personally, my hair hates protein. I only do a protein treatment about 2 weeks before relaxing and about 2-3 weeks after relaxing. After relaxing my hair needs so much moisture afterward because I am a no-lye user. It could just be your methods.

BrooklynSouth

Seraphinelle, how often did you moisturize and with what; may be the wrong one for your hair? Which deep conditioner? The need for protein sounds right. I use various moisturizers at least thrice per day, I layer them until I feel the saturation is right.
HTH:)

sexyaqr

I second that. It sounds like tooooooo much protein. Moisturizing shampoo and moisturizing conditioner. Always DC

Divine Inspiration said:
Sounds like protein overload. I'd spend the next few washes DCing with an ultramoisturizing condish.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I agree with the Ladies...sounds like you need a moisturizing conditioner like Humectress (I use this) or some product like it. I don't think you need anymore protein on your hair for a little while...

Your hair wants moisture! :)

seraphinelle

I'm guessing DC will be my best friend.

I'm just worried that I'll overmoisturize it.

I'm thinking I'll try this ever 3 days to see if I can nurse some moisture into it.

What do y'all think?

I'm contemplating braids, but honestly, I don't want them. I'm thinking I could just do one french braid and leave it like that for a week. I just want to leave my sides alone, for now.

I'm not too worried about the new growth, because I was natural for almost 2 years.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
seraphinelle said:
I'm guessing DC will be my best friend.

I'm just worried that I'll overmoisturize it.

I'm thinking I'll try this ever 3 days to see if I can nurse some moisture into it.

What do y'all think?

I'm contemplating braids, but honestly, I don't want them. I'm thinking I could just do one french braid and leave it like that for a week. I just want to leave my sides alone, for now.

I'm not too worried about the new growth, because I was natural for almost 2 years.

It is harder to overmoisturize than it is easier to overload your hair with protein! You shouldn't worry too much about over-moisturizing. :)

seraphinelle

Really appreciate the help!

I'm going to give it a week of the ORS replenishing packs.

And see how it goes.

I might actually do it every other day.

cmw45

I would reccommend doing another deep conditioning treatment...what sort of deep conditioning process did you try? Did you use heat? How long did it sit?

seraphinelle

Oh saturday I used heat, and sat under the dryer for 45 minutes.

I'm going to keep this one on longer, but I won't be sitting under the heat for that long,

At least for 2 hours while I'm studying.

Arcadian

Depending on where you are, it could be the weather! It is so cold and DRY up here, my poor hair is just not very happy today!

I've dug out the humidifier for my office, its just that kind of day. least my hair will get some moisture somewhere:look:

-A

seraphinelle

Arcadian said:
Depending on where you are, it could be the weather! It is so cold and DRY up here, my poor hair is just not very happy today!

I've dug out the humidifier for my office, its just that kind of day. least my hair will get some moisture somewhere:look:

-A

I thought about that, But i'm in fogland.. :lol: There ain't nothing BUT moisture in London!!

What kind of leave in conditioners should I look into that are exceptionally good at keeping moisture in my hair?

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I definately up the DCing to atleast 2x's a wk., but b4 DC on your next shampoo day, clarify first. That way if there is any buildup lingering around you can knock that out to be sure your DCer penetrates really good and 15-20 min. under the dryer with heat should be long enough.
seraphinelle said:
Oh saturday I used heat, and sat under the dryer for 45 minutes.

I'm going to keep this one on longer, but I won't be sitting under the heat for that long,

At least for 2 hours while I'm studying.

Arcadian

seraphinelle said:
I thought about that, But i'm in fogland.. :lol: There ain't nothing BUT moisture in London!!

What kind of leave in conditioners should I look into that are exceptionally good at keeping moisture in my hair?

Oh man well that caps that then!!:lol: I use care free curl gold as my staple moisturizer with really helps I also use a rosewater/glycerine mix to freshen my hair during the day. That generally helps quite a lot (except through the stuff we're getting now)

My DC's are a little weird cause I do like to mix it up depending on what my hair is needing at the time. Generally though, I use an ORS Pack along with 2 tablespoons of Keraphix and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. I've tried it with honey and its also very moisterizing.

I wrap my hair in a hot towel and put a bag over it for 15 minutes, then rinse with cool water.

Then I use my normal moisterizer, and seal with oil. These days I use jojoba and clear emu oil cause thats what I have on hand.

Although these last 2-3 days we're getting really biting bitter cold windy and DRY weather and there's just not enough moisture in the air and my hair and skin has just not been happy at all!

Hate pulling out the humidifier because its so huge, clunky and noisy but my hair and even my skin so can't take any more.

-A

RoseGolden

seraphinelle said:
Really appreciate the help!

I'm going to give it a week of the ORS replenishing packs.

And see how it goes.

I might actually do it every other day.

Thats protein. You need a moisturizing deep conditioner.

LiLi

What kind of relaxer did you use? (lye or no-lye) You may have calcium buildup or have hard water. Use a chelator (leave on for at least 5-10 minutes before washing out) in a week and dc . Your hair will feel much better.

Sistaslick

:.Krys.: said:
Thats protein. You need a moisturizing deep conditioner.

I was just about to say that :lol: You need a moisturizing deep conditioner. It's time to take a break from the protein for awhile, girl. What other deep conditioners do you have?

KiniKakes

This cold weather may also be contributing to additional dryness, so whatever your moisturizing regimen is in the summer/fall months may need to be stepped up a notch or two as the temperature drops.

seraphinelle

Wow,

I'm on a steep learning curve for real.

I read the ingredients on my other bottles that read 'moisturizing'

And they all containe that cabacylic acid, or whatever, that binds protein

:lol:

Well, LOL, I'm learning.

Imma have to go out and read ingredients now... :lol:

Thanks for that (huge) tip

seraphinelle

Moisturized my hair, and what a difference.

I used dove conditioner for normal hair.

WOW

My hair is thanking me.

AMEN