I am SO pissed at my hair right now!

BrittanyH26

I am so pissed off at my hair right now! :wallbash:

I pre-pooed with ORS Hair Mayo. Washed with Mizani Conditioning Shampoo. Did aPHogee 2 step protein treatment. Conditioned with Miss Jessies Rapid Recovery and left it on for about 30 mins.

Where did I go wrong?! My hair is so matted and tangled now! I have lost so much hair trying to detangle today! I am using a wide tooth comb, and it seems as if I have globs of matted hair. I do not know what to do. I've cried 2x already and I am crying a I write this post... I don't want my hair to fall off, but I can't seem to detangle it without ripping my hair out.

What did I do wrong? I followed up the protein treatment with a moisture conditioner I thought... Where is my mistake? I am so frustrated and sad because I probably will not have any hair once I return to the states.

MAMATO

Protein overload maybe... Did you really need the Aphogee treatment... Put it back to the moisture side ...good luck :)

chocolatetresses

Whoa!!!!! Britt girl! Way to much protein. the Ors and Aphogee together is too much. I've heard the Aphogee 2 step is really for severe damage/breakage. Follow up with a moisturizing conditioner...that might hep!

naturalgurl

(((HUG))) I hate to see us cry holding our hair in our hands. Lately that's been the norm around here. Everyone is excited for the holidays with holiday do's and then they cry. I would do what the other posters said. Try drenching it in moisture. It looks like you over did it with the protein. It'll be ok...ok?

SimpleKomplexity

yeah that was too much protein for your strands. You need to do a moisutrizing treatment asapa nd continue cowashing with a moisture conditioner everyday until your hair comes back to normal. Keep your endz moisturized everyday and wear your hair in a bun. Avoid combing it much, because all that protein has made your hair dry and brittle, and it's prone to break off

BrittanyH26

Thanks ladies... So I guess I should be mad at myself and not my hair... :-(

I was planning on getting a relaxer close to the new year.. should I still go through with it? I have Tresemme conditioner with me here in Spain.. guess I will be using that until I go home... co-wash every day to get this protein and moisture back in balance.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Aw, it'll be okay :bighug:

Have you used the Miss Jessie's before this? Maybe it's not moisturizing enough. You need to deep conditIon asap to get that moisture back into your hair.

What conditioners do you have on hand? Dc'ing overnight will do a world of good :yep:

Desarae

I would say to clarify and start over. That Mizani Shampoo is not strong enough to wash off a pre-poo in my opinion and the ORS Mayo leaves a residue. Top that with the other products and you have product overload. I would clarify shampoo once, and then DC for at least an hour with a moisturing conditoner and go from there.

Last edited:

MissMusic

ORS Mayo is a protein conditioner, add that to the aphogee and that's too much. I would just wet my hair again and use a moisturizing conditioner mixed with some coconut oil for an extra shot of moisture.

SmartyPants

Definitely Protein overload. Whenever I do the Aphogee 2-step, I usually follow-up the Aphogee with a 2-hour, turbie-twist steam treatment with a protein free moisturizing conditioner.