I Lost Soooo Much Hair...

jturner7156

After removing my sew-in. It was partially my fault since I had new growth and I did not properly detangle before washing:wallbash: :nono:. It was a war yesterday with my hair. My hair was terribly matted and tangled. I was on the edge of crying, but I got through it, but now I have thinner hair and breakage :sad:. Sorry no pics b/c I dont have a functioning digital camera.

Has anyone ever been through this, if so what happened and how did you recover from the damage? What things did you begin to do different to your hair?

After removing my sew-in. It was partially my fault since I had new growth and I did not properly detangle before washing:wallbash: :nono:. It was a war yesterday with my hair. My hair was terribly matted and tangled. I was on the edge of crying, but I got through it, but now I have thinner hair and breakage :sad:. Sorry no pics b/c I dont have a functioning digital camera.

Has anyone ever been through this, if so what happened and how did you recover from the damage? What things did you begin to do different to your hair?

It's just a matter of babying your hair from this point on. A few years ago, I took out braids and washed my hair, not knowing that I should've combed it out first. It matted so terribly while washing. I ended up putting conditioner in it and ripping through it. You'll be okay though, just continue to do deep conditioners and be gentle with your hair and it will bounce back in no time! HTH

It's just a matter of babying your hair from this point on. A few years ago, I took out braids and washed my hair, not knowing that I should've combed it out first. It matted so terribly while washing. I ended up putting conditioner in it and ripping through it. You'll be okay though, just continue to do deep conditioners and be gentle with your hair and it will bounce back in no time! HTH

This is exactly what I had to do. What styles did you wear after this happened?

This is exactly what I had to do. What styles did you wear after this happened?

Mostly loose ponytails. I didn't want my have to have too much friction or pulling. I kept it moisturized too. My scalp was sore from the pulling too, so that was another reason for my not too tight ponytails. I was pulling and crying from frustration, I know exactly what you went through.

Back