generic Nexxus

has anyone tried the generic Nexxus products from sally's i.e. humectress and therappe shampoo??? they have basically the same ingredients so should i expect similar results at Nexxus?

There is another thread that discusses this very topic, I'll see if I can find it. Most of the ladies say that the products work just was well as the Real McCoy.

What's the brand name of these generic nexxus products? i've heard about them on this board alot, but nobody gives the name.

Ebony said:
What's the brand name of these generic nexxus products? i've heard about them on this board alot, but nobody gives the name.
they are at sally's the just say "generic value products moisturizing conditioner (or whatever it may be) compare to (what ever it is a knock off of)"

baglady215 said:
So are the Sally's knockoffs better than the Suave ones?

YES!! I hated the suave Humectant. The Generic Value Brand's version of Humectress worked just as good as Humectress.

i like suave humectant as a deep conditioner, but i agree it sucks as a regular conditioner...it has NO slip!

Another question: Do either the real Humectress or the Sally's version have protein in it? Because Suave's does (Keratin) and I thought Humectress was a moisturizing conditioner.

I do believe that the generic and the real Humectress contain keratin, the presence of protein in a conditioner does not make it a "protein" conditioner. I myself think that Humectress is the perfect balance of protein and moisture, it mositurizes very well without making your hair TOO soft or mushy.

Babygurl said:
I do believe that the generic and the real Humectress contain keratin, the presence of protein in a conditioner does not make it a "protein" conditioner. I myself think that Humectress is the perfect balance of protein and moisture, it mositurizes very well without making your hair TOO soft or mushy.

i agree i just tried it out and i'm loving it!!!!!

I agree with you Babygurl, but my hair treats Keratin as a strong protein, which is why the Suave version leaves my hair a little on the rough side and I have to follow with something to soften it up. But being the PJ that I am, I will probably try either the Sally's version or the real thing. :lol: Thanks for your input!

blessedangil03 said:
So there isnt a name for the Sally's generic brand? And what is the difference in cost with the generic brand and nexxus?

Major difference. A liter bottle of Humectress from Nexxus cost about 30 plus dollars. The generic bottle of generic Humectress at Sally's cost at most 10 dollars.

Well at CVS, you can get 16oz. of Nexxus Humectress for 19.99, The generic sally's version is 3.99 for 16oz.

I dont HATE the suave one, but I was a little disappointed because it wasnt the same. This weekend i stayed at a freinds house and used her Generic and it was GREAT. O man was it great. It was like rediscovering it. I cant go back. And the real deal, I bought to bottles of but i lost them when i was moving!! :cry3:

Back