How-To: The Proper Way to Do A Bun

bigdeelight

With the bun challenge in full effect, I'm just curious. How exactly do you do a proper bun? For the last few weeks I've been (in much part due to sheer laziness) rolling my hair and securing it with a banana clip. Something like a french roll I guess. Would this count as bunning, so to speak? It protects the ends just like buns do.

Can you guys post a proper "How-To" manual when it comes to buns?

asummertyme

well for someting simple and everyday, i just simply do a cinnamon roll bun and pin the end down with a hair pin...i dont use the scrunchie...

Last edited:

Tinkerbell19

Before I cut my hair I would wear buns all the time. I would just pull my hair up high in a pony tail then I would take the front roll and roll it around my finger and pin it. Then I would take the back and do the same thing. Then I would connect the sides with pins so when it was done it looked like a donut. Hope this helps and good luck :grin:

asummertyme

Before I cut my hair I would wear buns all the time. I would just pull my hair up high in a pony tail then I would take the front roll and roll it around my finger and pin it. Then I would take the back and do the same thing. Then I would connect the sides with pins so when it was done it looked like a donut. Hope this helps and good luck :grin:
hey thats a good idea...ima try that!

asubeauty

I don't think there is a "proper" way to bun, just do whatever works for you.

For the bun in my siggy, I just put my hair in a pony, then kind of "fanned" it all around with a smaller toothed comb and kind of tucked it around a satin scrunchie. The pic is old, though, so now I don't HAVE to use the scrunchie. :woot:

asummertyme

^^ Hey thanks CC, I would do it like this but without the scrunchie..twist from the base instead of using the elastic...or if u do use the elastic...dont use pink..:grin:

just around and around like a cinamon roll...

Sarahh.

I pull my hair through a scrunchie as if I'm putting it in a ponytail, but I don't quite pull it all the way through. It makes a loop with the ends on the underneath.

I don't think that really makes sence, but I'm not sure how else to explain it. I'll add pictures if I can be bother taking some or if I find some on the internet.