HOW TO LOSE YOUR HAIR IN 10 MINUTES

Mandy4610

WARNING: This is a tried and true method of how to lose your hair in 10 minutes. DO NOT attempt this unless you want to lose your hair:

1. Deep condition for 1hr with a blend of MT, OCT and oils. Detangle a bit
  2. Rinse, then DC with Humecto/honey and EVOO (now this step does not work too well for losing hair b/c it moisturises it too well) Do not detangle at all!
  3. Rinse, spritz with Juices and berries, add some Amla and Olive heavy creme
  4. Add more Juices and berries leave-in.
  5. Braid the hair (fat braids) do not detangle at all as you braid, just go ahead and braid those kinks!
  6. Add more Juices and berries as you continue to braid
  7. Sit under the dryer to dry the braids
  8. Go to sleep
  9. In the morning, unbraid add some Burdock root butter creme
  10. NOW comb those kinks with a wide tooth comb (this will guarantee breakage...Believe me!)
  11. Now, take a hot air brush and brush out all the tangles
  12. Add more Juices and berries, those kinks need to get softer so that you can brush just a little more with the hot hair brush
10 mins of combing and brushing is what it takes to have major breakage.

Well, like I said, this is a tried and true method of losing hair. GUARANTEED
How do I know?

Because foolish me, for some reason, after a year of LHCF, I.....ladies, actually did all the above last night and this morning.:peek:

My hair rebelled like no man's bizness.

I can't believe I did this, I have no idea what I was thinking.

Now, it is time to do some damage control:wallbash:

Please..please do not ever do something like this...EVER.

Last edited:

Butterfly08

Oh no! How is your hair right now? :sad:

At the risk of sounding ignant :look: what is Juices and Berries? Like literally, fresh berries? Or is it a product?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

At the risk of sounding ignant :look: what is Juices and Berries? Like literally, fresh berries? Or is it a product?

Wasn't that was Akeem was using to moisturize his hair? :lachen::lachen::lachen:

OP is your hair ok? I'm hoping you didn't lose alot!! :nono:

Last edited:

JessCNU

I know Oyin Handmade product line has a product called Jucies and Berries.... i tried it but I didn't like it

JustKiya

Oh my gods, woman!! What - why? How? Why????? :bighug: That's - wow. DC. DC. DC. Steam. Gently detangle. Ouch. :(

:lachen: Yeah, Juices&Berries is a Oyin product. :yep:

LadyPaniolo

OMG! I'm so sorry this happened to you! :sad:

It looks like you've got a date with a couple bottles of cheap slippery condish, a comb and some DVDs of your favorite shows.

Casarela

Hi hun,

I hope you got the breakage under control. I red your posting and I only can tell you one advice K.I.S.S. By complicating things with so many products you cant understand whats the source of the problem. It could be not detangling , juice berries, mt ,the heat + any product, or whatever you use. Hence , try to keep things simple and avoid mixing a lot of products.

Hope your hair is fine

Big HUG

Casarela

Last edited:

BrooklynSouth

WARNING: This is a tried and true method of how to lose your hair in 10 minutes. DO NOT attempt this unless you want to lose your hair:

2. Rinse, then DC with Humecto/honey and EVOO (now this step does not work too well for losing hair b/c it moisturises it too well) Do not detangle at all!
  5. Braid the hair (fat braids) do not detangle at all as you braid, just go ahead and braid those kinks!
  8. Go to sleep
  10. NOW comb those kinks with a wide tooth comb (this will guarantee breakage...Believe me!)
  12. Add more Juices and berries, those kinks need to get softer so that you can brush just a little more with the hot hair brush
How do I know?

Because foolish me, for some reason, after a year of LHCF, I.....ladies, actually did all the above last night and this morning.:peek:

Don't allow this to cause you to lose hope, Mandy..many of us have done an over kill at one time or another, cried :cry3:about it then jumped right back on track. You've learned how too much of a good thing can wreck havoc..it's all in the 'game.':grouphug3: It'll be OK in a few weeks.

ajiamarie

I'm sorry to hear this. Be gentle with your hair, DC and know that we'll all be praying that it bounces back quickly!

Mandy4610

My hair is ok right now. I have not done anything with it since this morning because I had to go to work.
I am just getting ready to DC, but I don't know what to DC with. I have ORS hair mayo and Keracare Humecto. My hair does not seem to like Humecto, it likes the hair mayo, but that is protein, I am afraid to use anything protein right now.

LOL (only at the Akeem statement) I don't understand what could have caused the breakage...
The breakage, I think was due to too many products, too much protein, lack of detangling, combing a dry undetangled braid out.:nono:

LAWD, that sounds bad....I SHOULD KNOW BETTER:wallbash:

Mandy4610

Thank you ladies. Now...should I use ORS mayo or Keracare Humecto for DCing. Which one will be the best at this point?

anon123

wait, didn't you just DC like 2 or 3 times already? and you're going to do it again? i mean, i don't know what caused the breakage, but maybe it was all that dc-ing. it was the overkill of all these things, right? Why not step back for a little bit?

HeChangedMyName

wait, didn't you just DC like 2 or 3 times already? and you're going to do it again? i mean, i don't know what caused the breakage, but maybe it was all that dc-ing. it was the overkill of all these things, right? Why not step back for a little bit?

I was thinking the same thing. Just like too much protein can cause hard hair, too much moisture can cause mushy hair and both are very easy to damage. Your hair is clean right now right. so long as you don't feel like there is too much product left on it, then I would just bun it and leave it alone for a couple of days. literally, don't touch it. keep the ends out of harms way and let your hair rest.

ETA: I just reread your post. ok, maybe a little quick cowash with something cheapie to get out some of those juices and berries and heavy creams you put in. then lightly apply some moisterizer and seal and bun

mistee11

Gurl, I feel your pain! I've been there, done that too... (sans the Juices and Berries, :spinning:) I think at this point I would try to do as little as possible. Low or no mani styles, and lay off of the conditioners for now as well. Easy does it and you'll be back to healthy hair in no time. :grin:

JustKiya

I suggested DC'ing because for me - that helps my hair to be easier to detangle, and I think that is what caused a lot of her breakage - tangled tangled hair, and combing it out dry. *shudder*

Mandy4610

I suggested DC'ing because for me - that helps my hair to be easier to detangle, and I think that is what caused a lot of her breakage - tangled tangled hair, and combing it out dry. *shudder*
I cowashed it yesterday and I will be DCing today. I think I need the moisture back.
It seems to be doing ok today.

Mandy4610

Ladies...my hair feels weird since this incident. It is dry all over again and it is impossible to detangle.

I tried to use Keracare Humecto mixed EVOO to detangle and then I did a DC with ORS mayo and moisturized with Qhemet Amla and Olive heavy creme, but I am not noticing much of a difference.

What is a girl to do?

turnergirl

8. Go to sleep
10 mins of combing and brushing is what it takes to have major breakage.

How do I know?

Girllllllllll. You ain't never lied. LOL. When I was natural I would try to pull little stunts like this all of the time. Well without all of the steps, because I was too lazy to think about doing all of these steps but I was good for washing and neglecting to detangle. Fortunately, I always had a serious enough protein regimine that kept my hair fotified, so it did not break much, my hair loved protien and the fine parts in the front never got tangled enough to break.

I hope your hair is ok. Sometimes we have temporary lapsed in judgement but our hair is super forgiving.

Lol at the notion of juices and berries being the cure for all. Every natural goes through that one.

Platinum

Aww, sorry to hear this Mandy. :bighug: You'll get through this. Remember, we all make mistakes. Hopefully, someone can come up with a solution to help you. Keep your help up.

Stella B.

Wow. What a terrible thing to happen to your hair!Take your time to nuture it back to health, using all your lhcf skills! We're here for you!

lovleelilie

Ok, at first I was dying of laughter thkg that was a joke. Then i realized it was a true story :nono: - honey I am soooo sorry...but true to many responses you'll definately get through this. I would: leave it be for a 2 days or so. Then let water run over it in the shower for like 5 min straight. Towel dry gently. Run a good amount of AO conditioner through it maybe w/ an egg for the protein(let it sit for 10 mins under a heated towel) then, under water, detangle in sections - sloooooowly and extra gently. Good luck!

side note:
Aww, sorry to hear this Mandy. :bighug: You'll get through this. Remember, we all make mistakes. Hopefully, someone can come up with a solution to help you. Keep your help up.

platinum - ur siggy KILLS ME!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: everytime I come across it I have to watch it at least 3 times. omg - so funny!