How many spritzes does it take to moisturize your hair?

How many spritzes does it take for you to moisturize your hair?

• Less than 15

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • 15-30

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • 31-50

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • 51 or more

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I have no idea, but my spritz bottles usually last a long time

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters

Sunshine0801

Just curious, because it seems like I run through my spritz bottle on a weekly basis. :perplexed I am considering purchasing Oyin's Juices and Berries, but I'm hesitant because it takes so many spritzes to moisturize my hair that it would probably be more cost effective for me to just make something comparable myself.

I moisturize my hair in sections by spraying 7-10 spritzes of my moisturizer on each section of hair. I usually have 7 sections, so that equals 49-70 spritzes per day if I am wearing my hair out. If I am in twists or braids, I probably only use half as many spritzes.

How many does it take for you? Please also mention whether you are natural or not.

TIA!

MizzBrown

I have a 5 oz bottle that i use for my spritz and i've already refilled it after 1 week.

How big is your spritz bottle??

ayoung

^^I'm about the same.

I don't focus on it though--never counted....long has it does its job and my hair is happy :yep:

frizzy

I couldn't tell you how many spritzes I use.
But to make it economical for yourself, try a good (as natural as possible) moisturizing conditioner with no cones and add a good squirt of it to a bottle of distilled water and spritz all you want for months on end.

Sunshine0801

I have a 5 oz bottle that i use for my spritz and i've already refilled it after 1 week.

How big is your spritz bottle??

It's pretty small (4 ounces, I think), but even if it was larger I would still need to spend a lot of time spritzing away to make sure my hair is properly moisturized. A bigger spritz bottle would save time, but I haven't found one yet that spritzes instead of squirts...

Sunshine0801

But to make it economical for yourself, try a good (as natural as possible) moisturizing conditioner with no cones and add a good squirt of it to a bottle of distilled water and spritz all you want for months on end.

I use Kenra MC mixed with castor oil, and that does a really good job at moisturizing my hair, but I still need MORE throughout the week, especially on my ends. :ohwell:

Forever in Bloom

Just curious, because it seems like I run through my spritz bottle on a weekly basis. :perplexed I am considering purchasing Oyin's Juices and Berries, but I'm hesitant because it takes so many spritzes to moisturize my hair that it would probably be more cost effective for me to just make something comparable myself.

I moisturize my hair in sections by spraying 7-10 spritzes of my moisturizer on each section of hair. I usually have 7 sections, so that equals 49-70 spritzes per day if I am wearing my hair out. If I am in twists or braids, I probably only use half as many spritzes.

How many does it take for you? Please also mention whether you are natural or not.

TIA!

I voted 31-50, but with Oyin's J's & B's, I'm a woman on the loose! While spritzing, I massage the spray into my hair to help loosen any tangles and quickly moisturize my hair. Be careful - this stuff is addictive. I spray it on as a perfume too. I'm natural and used this when I had like 1.5 inches of hair, so of course it only took like 5-10 spritzes. I am now considering buying these like 5 at a time, but I have to finish my last bottle of Frank Juice first :yep:

Did you listen to their podcast about the new product they have coming out called Honey Water? It's for the skin, but they say it will be priced lower because it will be in a smaller spray bottle. I will definitely try it everywhere :look: starting with my hair...

frizzy

I use Kenra MC mixed with castor oil, and that does a really good job at moisturizing my hair, but I still need MORE throughout the week, especially on my ends. :ohwell:

That's normal, most of us moisturize at least once a day. Give your hair what it needs when it needs it. Your hair is natural, spritz away girl!

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
That's just like asking how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop? The world may never know! LOL :lachen:

I guess it depends on how much moisture your hair needs. I usually don't spritz...I do a dollop..do do a dollop of moisture :lachen: Hey, I'm on a roll here! :grin:

My hair needs lots of moisture so I moisturize until my hair feels right to me. All measurements go out the window cause they don't work for my thirsty frizzy hair.

LadyKaypnyc

I have no idea, but my spritzes don't last long, after 2 weeks, I'm forced to make more:ohwell:

I don't measure, I just moisturize until my hair is satisfied.

Sunshine0801

I voted 31-50, but with Oyin's J's & B's, I'm a woman on the loose! While spritzing, I massage the spray into my hair to help loosen any tangles and quickly moisturize my hair. Be careful - this stuff is addictive. I spray it on as a perfume too. I'm natural and used this when I had like 1.5 inches of hair, so of course it only took like 5-10 spritzes. I am now considering buying these like 5 at a time, but I have to finish my last bottle of Frank Juice first :yep:

Did you listen to their podcast about the new product they have coming out called Honey Water? It's for the skin, but they say it will be priced lower because it will be in a smaller spray bottle. I will definitely try it everywhere :look: starting with my hair...

Thanks for the review! I know Oyin's doesn't play when it comes to yummy smelling products, so I already know a spray called "juices and berries" smells delicious. I loved Frank Juice when I had my TWA...

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I'll check it out! :)

That's normal, most of us moisturize at least once a day. Give your hair what it needs when it needs it. Your hair is natural, spritz away girl!

Very true...Thanks for your response!

That's just like asking how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop? The world may never know! LOL :lachen:

I guess it depends on how much moisture your hair needs. I usually don't spritz...I do a dollop..do do a dollop of moisture :lachen: Hey, I'm on a roll here! :grin:

My hair needs lots of moisture so I moisturize until my hair feels right to me. All measurements go out the window cause they don't work for my thirsty frizzy hair.

LOL! Why was I thinking of that commercial when I was creating this thread?? Taking it waaaaaaay back! :lachen:"One, a ta-whooo, three, *crunch* three..." :lachen:

I have no idea, but my spritzes don't last long, after 2 weeks, I'm forced to make more:ohwell:

I don't measure, I just moisturize until my hair is satisfied.

I didn't really start counting until I realized how quickly I was going through my spritz bottles. I started to wonder whether it would be more efficient to just cowash for moisture instead, but decided that it probably wouldn't...

KrystalClear

Good idea. Especially the no cones part since those can coat, right?

Fhrizzball

I use to spend so much on spritzes because I run through them so fast. So I mix water,VO5, and oil in an empty infusium 23 bottle and that lasts me about 5 days to a week. I apply it twice daily though and then I use a dollop plus some of a creamy leave-in once a day on top of it.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
how many spritz of what, water? lol scurl maybe about 5-6 for whole head. about 5-6 spritz of the aphogee keratin green tea. after that its smooth sailing.

I find, since my spritz bottle has a wide spray, a lot of moisturizer ends up around my hair in the air rather than on it. If you're worried, try maybe spraying the stuff into your hand then applying it to a section of hair. For me sometimes, I end up not having to use as much spritzes cause more is on my hair than in the air.

nakialovesshoes

I'm not natural. I have a curl. However, my hair is rodded with flexi rods to mimic my natural texture so dryness is still an issue. I, too, use the Oyin Greg Juice. However, I spritz my hair with distilled water first. Then I spray on my moisturizer. That way I'm not going through it as fast. I have a little mini spritz bottle - maybe 4-5 inches tall - that I keep my distilled water in. I usually go through one bottle per day.

Also, Ojon has a moisturizer that is really concentrated that can be cut with distilled water. You can find the huge professional sizes on Ebay for good prices. HTH...

moriahar

Just curious ladies...For those if you using moisture sprtizes, how are you wearing your hair? Natural, Straighted, Relaxed?

charmtreese

Like 6-8...I use a mixture of oyin Gregg or franks juice 1/4, joico reconstructor spray 1/4, and George's aloe Vera juice 1/2.

JRiley

I usually use water, olive oil, and either V05 or Giovanni 50/50. That mixture usually last about 5 says. I get a little sad when it's done cause it's a different consistency everytime. I use about 20 to 30 sprays a night.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Oh my goodness, now that I'm natural, I swear, a good..10-15 spritzes 2x a day, heck sometimes 3x a day lol:lachen::lol: and I seal with JBCO. Sometimes I seal with Chi Silk Infusion. I love that stuff, but it's a hard protein on my hair, so I only use it maybe 2x weekly. I truly am loving my hair texture. This is a whole new world for me. I have EVOO, Water in my spray bottle. I'm thinking about adding a little condish to it.

ETA: Just added some Giovanni Leave-In to my spray bottle and some more water and EVOO. I was running low.

Last edited:

Dilettante

When you guys spritz, how wet do you get your hair before it feels moisturized? I always either don't put enough, or basically soak my hair. Not good at moderation.

prettyinpurple

Don't you end up with wet hair after 60+ spritzes?

I spritz to refresh it and activate whatever product was in my hair, which means barely dampening it. No way that I'd do 60 sprays. My hair would be very wet and shrink which I don't want.

I think that I do 10, maybe 12 sprays. Never counted though. It's not enough to cause a cramp in my arm.

Tip: Part you hair with your hands and spray there. Otherwise the spray may just sit on top of your hair instead of moisturizing the bottom layers. I also use my hands to massage the spritz through my hair after I spray it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I voted less than 15. I usually use it as a Refresher.

Even my Spray Leave-Ins/Detanglers it's still less than 15 and I'm extremely heavy-handed with product.