how to bun keeping ends safe??

MrsBKJ

Hey
I have been having issues with scraggly looking ends...though not dry and not split...thankfully!

it seems it may be caused by how im bunning my hair...like a bantu knot...
not the best way perhaps?

So im looking for ways in which i can bun and protect my ends...i thought i was doing that anyway but i guess im not

pls help i would really appreciate links pics descriptions etc of how to bun long hair (past BSL)safely and easily

Thank you

Uzz

Isis

I love making braided buns. It only takes me a minute or so and I know my ends are safe. I just make a loose braid low in the back (or side), then tuck it under, pinning it with a Good Hair Days pin.
ETA:
I don't have splits either. :)

Last edited:

Neroli

I hold hair in place with one hand and twist around (and round and round since its been growing!) into bun and use fingers to smooth and tuck ends and secure with a good day pin. I consciously pay attention when i tuck ends by making sure they are nice and smooth around the bun, sometime applying few drops of oil to help them "stay" -- my ends look good . . .

Lady_Lioness

Isis said:
I love making braided buns. It only takes me a minute or so and I know my ends are safe. I just make a loose braid low in the back (or side), then tuck it under, pinning it with a Good Hair Days pin.
ETA:
I don't have splits either. :)
I like the braided bun idea.

cocowhite

Neroli said:
I hold hair in place with one hand and twist around (and round and round since its been growing!) into bun and use fingers to smooth and tuck ends and secure with a good day pin. I consciously pay attention when i tuck ends by making sure they are nice and smooth around the bun, sometime applying few drops of oil to help them "stay" -- my ends look good . . .

I bun my hair the same way, except I use a silk scrunchie to hold it place.

MrsBKJ

hhmm i think i may have to try the braided bun idea.
sounds good but im always in such a rush...
but i will pay more attention and time to my ends...
thanks

Samaria

Ladies tell me howyou guys make your buns please, everytime I do it seems like my hair is NOT long enough number 1 and number two all my hair doesnt fill the donut, I am trying to NOT use heat but my hair is doing this thing where its not poofy I guess cause Im so post relaxer but I wanna air-dry but its hard to air-dry when its poofy.