How tight is too tight

br0wney3z

Ok so I went and got some cornrows and box braids done yesterday. And although I love the style, I am seriously worried. Not only did she make the braids smaller than I had really wanted, she made them hella tight:nono:. I mean so tight that while washing my face yesterday, i couldn't move the skin around my forhead b/c it hurt so much. In fact, she pulled it it so tight that I can see the individual hair follicles in the front of my hair. I tried moving the braids a bit but it hasn't really helped. I know it takes a few days after braiding for the hair to 'settle' but I'm wondering should I take it out and waste my money, but save my hair?:wallbash:

Blackoutzangel05

At the point of seeing hair follicles...yeah that is the braid that I could pretty say was going to twist and then come out completely, but that was just my experience:nono:. Knowing what I know now...I would probably have to take them out...maybe if you massage the area and put some oil on it or something it can be saved...

ShiShiPooPoo

If you don't take them out you will eventually see that white tip and your hairline will suffer-happened to me a thousand times...not good!

Braided~Beauty

Can you go back to her and have her redo the ones that will pull your hair out?

This is a good idea. I would not leave them in, they sound like they are WAY too tight. You should be able to move your forehead and not feel any pain. You should NOT be able to see the hair follicles beging pulled on. Like shishi said your going to see the white ball, then POP out goes your hair strand by strand...:nono:

br0wney3z

Yeah I might have her redo them b/c now that I think about it, that has happened before, were I saw the white tips and then puff, the strand was gone. I am really annoyed right now:perplexed