How soon after.....

CaribbeanQueen

On Wednesday I relaxed my hair for the first time in two years. Thanks to LHCF, my hair is looking healthy and shiny :woot:

I was just wondering, how soon after a relaxer do you ladies wash your hair? Is it too soon to wash?

tinkat

Congratulations on your hair. I normally wash one week after because I notice that my relaxers last longer and my hair feels and looks even better when i wash it. I have fine relaxed hair so it gets weighed down easily

Synthia

I actually wash a day after. Gives me a chance to strengthen and moisturize after traumatizing my hair with a relaxer. (Of course I'm a daily co washer anyway).

I look forward to the very next day of pampering. Doesnt' bother me as far as reversion ... Of course I'm not going for bone straight. Just regular straight.

Last edited:

BAILEYSCREAM

CaribbeanQueen said:
On Wednesday I relaxed my hair for the first time in two years. Thanks to LHCF, my hair is looking healthy and shiny :woot:

I was just wondering, how soon after a relaxer do you ladies wash your hair? Is it too soon to wash?

Hi, I usually wash in the same week that I do my touch-up.
According to Robin Woods (www.growafrohairlong.com) you should wash 3 days after your touch-up to get rid of any residual chemicals still in the hair. It's a good idea to use the neutralizing shampoo you used for your chemical treatment for this.:yep:

LDebagoria

BAILEYSCREAM said:
Hi, I usually wash in the same week that I do my touch-up.
According to Robin Woods (www.growafrohairlong.com) you should wash 3 days after your touch-up to get rid of any residual chemicals still in the hair. It's a good idea to use the neutralizing shampoo you used for your chemical treatment for this.:yep:

I usually wait a week, but my mom waits about three days also. I'll try it this time.