How soon do you wash your hair after a relaxer?

prettyblac

3 days to a week later I do a shampoo with a vitamin c rinse recommended by mahailialee. it helps to counteract the chemicals in the relaxer and it's good for the scalp. I just got an affirm relaxer 1 week ago so I'm going to con/wash and rinse. Then I'm going to spray it with enfusium and oil my scalp and ends then it's back to my fingerwaves and frenchroll in the back that's my protective style.

LondonDiva

Spagirl

I self relax my own hair so I'm not super fast like the stylists in the salon. Sometimes I may get a scalp sore (not a burn) in a small area. This area may weep slightly, and in general I find the scalp after any chemical process is still very sensitve. I find the general gentle massaging as well as the water a quick healer in making the general recovery of the scalp over all better. Plus my hair feels better the next wash day after a relaxer.

brwnskingirl

this past sunday I did it the same day with a neutralizing shampoo followed by motions CPR, I dont think th estylist rinsed out everything. so i went home aand rinsed again

CocoaCure

I'm like you Brwnskngrl, I relax and neutralize shampoo immediately of course, then drench it in Olive Oil, then several hourse later I shampoo using my favorite Pantene R&N Super Moisturizing Shampoo followed by an Aphogee Treatment under the dryer for about 30 minutes or until super hard like concrete. Then I come out of there and rinse the Aphogee (my hair is hard with this rinsing because of all the protein - but that's OK - it's supposed to be after a serious protein treatment like Aphogee and I ALWAYS Aphogee after a relaxer because a relaxer breaks down the protein bonds in our hair. This way I'm immediately restoring those broken down bonds. So after rinsing the Aphogee it's time to really get in there and moisuturize so I use Pantene R&N Super moisturizing conditioner that give AWESOME slip! Then I come out of the shower and commence to putting a little Olive Oil, a lot of moisurizer and spraying Sta-Sof-Fro (Very Glycerin Rich). Then as my hair air drys, I then put in more Moisturizer and add some SCurl and put it back into either a bun or a single twist updo in the back of my head and I'm done! Whenever it drys and I go to come it, it's super soft and moisturized - my hair drinks up all that glycerin and stuff so it's not greasy - just nice and moisturized like I haven't done anything damaging to it at all even though I relaxed (which, let's face it - is a damaging process, we just have to make sure we keep our hair super healthy and restore it's moisture balance levels and it's protein bonds. That's it!

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
LondonDiva said:
I shampoo the very next day. Again with a neutralizer shampoo followed by a deep conditioning.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto!

Spagirl

Thanks!

Isis

I wash my hair again either the next day or the day after. My hair many times feel stiff after relaxing, probably from the neutralizing shampoo.