How Soon After A Relaxer Do You Feel New Growth?

How Soon Do You Feel NG?

• 1 Week

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • 2 Weeks

Votes: 50 24.4%
  • 3 Weeks

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • 4 Weeks

Votes: 67 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thann

This past June when I got a relaxer, I noticed new growth after only 9 days. I'm thinking that where your at in your growth cycle has everything to do with how fast you see new growth because my hair doesn't grow very fast.

Blessed_Angel

This past June when I got a relaxer, I noticed new growth after only 9 days. I'm thinking that where your at in your growth cycle has everything to do with how fast you see new growth because my hair doesn't grow very fast.

So, the growth cycle changes often? How do you know your growth cycle?

I heard that hair grows faster when the weather is warmer.

Ramya

1.5 to 2 weeks. My hair grows fast though by 4 weeks I'm usually at 1 inch or 3/4 an inch

lexi84

I feel it after the first week. It doesnt really feel like new growth though...more like little pricklies coming out of my head.

Blessed_Angel

I usually feel new growth at 3 weeks. Around the 4 and 5 week I can really feel it...

Yeah, I really feel it around that time. And I'm usually ready for a relaxer by the 5-6th weeks. Funny though, the middle of my hair grows the fastest and the sides and front are last.

Does anyone's entire head grow all at the same time?

Blessed_Angel

I usually feel new growth at 3 weeks. Around the 4 and 5 week I can really feel it...

Yeah, I really feel it around that time. And I'm usually ready for a relaxer by the 5-6th weeks. Funny though, the middle of my hair grows the fastest and the sides and front are last.

Does anyone's entire head grow all at the same time?

girlcherokee

this in the past have depended on how badly my scalped was burned - if no burning 2wks but i have been burned so badly that my hair did not grow for almost a year - no kidding.

Ramya

I have a lot at that time too. I'm not even trying to wait till 8 weeks anymore. When do you get your relaxer done?

Usually 6-12 weeks depending on the length of my hair. The longer my hair is the longer I stretch. Short styled and new growth :wallbash:. Lately it's been every 4 weeks b/c of my summer spurt.

achangedlife

I usually don't notice till week 3, and by six to eight wks I'm ready for a touch up. With MT I started noticing waves at the end of week 1.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
You ladies are so lucky. My hair grows very slowly. So I usually start feeling NG after 6 or 7 weeks. No lie. I generally don't relax very often: 3 times a year, every 4 months.