How should I take my supplements?

PrincessM

And when? I'm currently taking a multivitamin, biotin, and am going to start taking MSM. I usually take them all before I go to bed, and recently, I stopped taking them after eating something first. Does it matter?

G

Most people like to them before going to bed-I did that when I using a hair vitamin-but now that I switched my vitamin plans I take them after I eat or at least right before.

Ayeshia

i heard you should eat when you take vitamins because the food helps absorb an digest them faster and you get the most benefits rather than an empty stomach.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
i heard you should eat when you take vitamins because the food helps absorb an digest them faster and you get the most benefits rather than an empty stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, esp. MSM which if taken alone can make you feel sick. That's what happened to me.

DahomeyAhosi

Each vitamin usually has recommendations on when to take it and how (i.e. how many times a day, with food, without food, with water, with any liquid). Our metabolism slows in the evening so this is the best time to take supplements if you want maximum absorption. However it's important to keep in mind that your body can only absorb so much at a time so, all other things equal, I think it's best to take supplements throughout the day, especially if you are taking multiple dosages of the same supplement.

Ayeshia

i got sick too when i took vitamins alone...plus i cant take iron tablets because my body doesnt absorb iron in pill form which led to constipation so i have to eat a lot of red meat and cereal with high iron content like cream of wheat and frosted mini wheats. I wanna try liquisd vitamins becuz i hate swallowing. I take gummy vies now but they are for children and doesnt have 100% of every vitamin so i would like to switch but they are yummy though!!!!!!

PrincessM

Thanks, ladies
!!!