How often to use Aphogee if hair is pretty damaged?

metalkitty

Alright, I'm not sure how damaged my hair is because it always breaks/ sheds a bit all the time. Since my hairs been growing like crazy but I haven't been able to retain ANY of it for awhile I was thinking i should step up my moisture and protein.
My question is if my hair's moderately damaged how often would it be okay to use my beloved Emergencee and Aphogee mixed together? I like it because it's the only treatment which keeps my hair in check immediately after the first use. I was thinking every other week to be safe and using henna or cassia inbetween.
For some reason alot of popular protein treatments on this board just don't work for me ( like Keraphix, Duo Tex, Emergencee when used alone, K pak, Elasta QP Breakage control serum, probably a couple others too....)

Ladyhenri

metalkitty said:
Alright, I'm not sure how damaged my hair is because it always breaks/ sheds a bit all the time. Since my hairs been growing like crazy but I haven't been able to retain ANY of it for awhile I was thinking i should step up my moisture and protein.
My question is if my hair's moderately damaged how often would it be okay to use my beloved Emergencee and Aphogee mixed together? I like it because it's the only treatment which keeps my hair in check immediately after the first use. I was thinking every other week to be safe and using henna or cassia inbetween.
For some reason alot of popular protein treatments on this board just don't work for me ( like Keraphix, Duo Tex, Emergencee when used alone, K pak, Elasta QP Breakage control serum, probably a couple others too....)

From the above it sounds like your main problem could be little moisture/too much protein.
When i first joined on here i made the mistake of thinking that since my hair was breaking, it needed more protein...um NO
Many people's hairs break the most when there is too much protein and as a result, the hair goes brittle and crunchy to the touch.
In your shoes, i would co wash like mad, moisturise daily, and start doing weekly deep co's pronto.
To curb breakage for now, i would try some s-curl, that stuff softens the most brittle of hairs.:p

CynamonKis

When my hair was breaking like this, I did weekly Dudley's DRC 28 treatments, followed by a moisturizing conditioner. Mid-week, I did carrot oil hot oil treatments. This was the only thing that really worked for me when my hair was breaking. Now that my hair is healthy, I use Aphogee once a month or every 6 weeks but while Aphogee is a good protein treatment, it was not nearly as effective in stopping breakage for me as DRC 28 was, and the other protein treatments I have seen on this board (some of which you mentioned) were even less effective. DRC 28 is very expensive but for me it was well worth it.

metalkitty said:

metalkitty

Henrietta said:
From the above it sounds like your main problem could be little moisture/too much protein.
When i first joined on here i made the mistake of thinking that since my hair was breaking, it needed more protein...um NO
Many people's hairs break the most when there is too much protein and as a result, the hair goes brittle and crunchy to the touch.
In your shoes, i would co wash like mad, moisturise daily, and start doing weekly deep co's pronto.
To curb breakage for now, i would try some s-curl, that stuff softens the most brittle of hairs.:p

Yeah I expected most people would say that but I moisturize just fine, maybe i should start CO washing again in between shampoos? It just seems like my hair only responds to heavier protein treatments right now. I don't want to go overboard though, I think I'll try doing Emergencee/ Aphogee every other week until my hair's in better shape....

metalkitty

CynamonKis said:
When my hair was breaking like this, I did weekly Dudley's DRC 28 treatments, followed by a moisturizing conditioner. Mid-week, I did carrot oil hot oil treatments. This was the only thing that really worked for me when my hair was breaking. Now that my hair is healthy, I use Aphogee once a month or every 6 weeks but while Aphogee is a good protein treatment, it was not nearly as effective in stopping breakage for me as DRC 28 was, and the other protein treatments I have seen on this board (some of which you mentioned) were even less effective. DRC 28 is very expensive but for me it was well worth it.

Thanks for responding! I was also thinking of trying the DRC, do you know any reputable e- retailers?

CynamonKis

They are selling Dudley's DRC for 49.99 at www.ibeautyny.com. I have ordered from them twice before in the past & have received good service from them. It is expensive but it really worked well for me.

metalkitty said:
Thanks for responding! I was also thinking of trying the DRC, do you know any reputable e- retailers?