How often to clarify?

Glib Gurl

So I've recently rediscovered clarifying shampoo. I'm wondering though how often should I use it? Would using it too frequently cause dryness or other damage? (Note that I would always follow up with a heavy-duty conditioner.) How often do you use a clarifying shampoo?

baby42

So I've recently rediscovered clarifying shampoo. I'm wondering though how often should I use it? Would using it too frequently cause dryness or other damage? (Note that I would always follow up with a heavy-duty conditioner.) How often do you use a clarifying shampoo?
Ionly use it once a month but if i use too much stuff in my hair that month then its two times a month i use a cheap one but its good suave but i tryed vo5 lime one and it made my hair bone dry:wallbash:i wont try that one again. but for now suave clarifying works for me.on the bottle of the suave it say you can use it daily cause it gentle enough. but like i said once a month works good if you dont use a look of stuff in your hair

Neroli

I clarify very rarely cuz I don't use a lot of stuff on my hair. Only non-cone leave-ins, water and oil so have very little buildup from wash to wash. I may clarify like once every 2 to 3 months, if that. However, when I do a lot of swimming during summer/vacation, I clarify like once a week. It depends.

I think if you use a lot of leave-ins and cones, then make sense to be on a regular clarifying schedule. But if not, then as needed.

BrooklynSouth

My schedule is really irregular, no set times but when things get hard, unmanageable or shedding starts..I'm into the Nexxus Aloe Rid. I use the AVON clarifyer once in a while but it is a strong stripper; excellent for oily silk scarves and clothing though.

Candy_C

dont use it too often hun, very rarely, use mroe if your experimenting with products or trying a new range

i clarify twice in a 3month period

Artemis

Once a month using Pantene Pro-v Purity. Sometimes more often if my hair is heavily styled, but that's rare nowadays.

I dont use it often. I would say maybe once every three months. I get scarred of it being to harsh for my hair..I think of it stripping all of the good treatments I have put on my hair.