How often do you wear your hair in a ponytail

Junonia

I wear my hair in a ponytail everyday. A high loose pony so my ends won't rub against my shoulders. How often do wear a pony including phony ponytails? If you wear a phony pony, do you buy with or w/o the draw strings? Can an everyday pony damage your hair?

cutiebe2

when I am out of braids I wear it in a pony almost everyday. The days leading up to putting braids back in (like this week) I don't wear it in a pony to give it a break from any tension

ceedeelight

Ineedhair said:
I wear my hair in a ponytail everyday. A high loose pony so my ends won't rub against my shoulders. How often do wear a pony including phony ponytails? If you wear a phony pony, do you buy with or w/o the draw strings? Can an everyday pony damage your hair?

I usually wear a phony pony M-F and on Sat/Sun I wear it loose. I think as long as the pony tial is not tight it shouldn't damage your hair. Also, I wear the phony ponies with the drawstring. I just don't pull it too tight.

FineChyna

everyday. i don't wear my hair out because there is too much shrinkage and it doesn't fit my face. i don't want to constantly flat iron either so i always do ponytails

Babychoc

I use to wear a ponytail daily with all of my hair pulled back, but I think I had it too tight. My hair since then has suffered breakage, so I don't wear one daily anymore :( If I do sometimes wear one, I make sure to have bangs in the front.

FineChyna

as for your question about breakage--if your hair isn't pulled too tight, too far up your head and is properly moisturized it should be fine. my hair has grown without any problems because i pay attention to all the things i listed

DarkAngell

It caused me alot of breakage in the past. Right now its my only option thoug because im transitioning and not using much heat so im not trying to wear my hair loose...so im just making sur to moisturize and to take it loose when i get home or put it in a loose bun so at least its not like that all day every day. I also use a REALLY spongy elastic ( almost the ones meant for baby hair) and i NEVER have any hair broken off on it.

SvelteVelvet

Never. I don't like loose ponys on me, nor do I like to put tension or have something holding my strands in a bend for long periods of time, so I just opt out of them completely. I was scarred from breakage I got from them as a teen, so I've been scurred of the pony for years and I probably always will be.

SEMO

The ponytail has been my "staple" hairstyle since I started doing my own hair back in sixth grade. When I was relaxed I used to pull my ponytail tight and sleep with the tight ponytail in (I didn't know better). Eventually I ended up with a line of breakage in the middle of my hair where I wore the ponytail. My stylist was the one who noticed it and told me to stop wearing tight ponytails.

After I eased up on wearing ponytails (wearing it down more), wore looser ponytails, and took better care of my hair the breakage line went away.

Now as a natural, I still wear ponytails 90% of the time but I make sure to use the elastics with no metal and my ponytails aren't tight at all (I just use a scarf to make my hair lay down).

caligirl

Everyday. I wear a *really* loose low pony by just putting an ouchless band on, but not doubling it at all.

AnjelLuvs

I wear ponies wayy tooo much for any girl.... I just hate when my hair snags... and it gets stuck.... if there is no bounce... if I miss wrapping one night... tis a wrap, ponies tilll next wash... I am going to start setting hair more often, since been hitting gym, which has been the culprit of the ponies as of late...

crlsweetie912

I do monday through friday. But when I shampoo weekly, I change the location of the pony. And usually, I take it down at night or as soon as I get home! Weekends, I let it free.
My hair is doing great. I have drawstring tails, clip on tails and the ones with the combs in them.

CAPlush

I never wear a ponytail. My hair cannot tolerate hair bands well at all and I don't think scrunchies are professional enough for my workplace.

imstush

SEMO said:
The ponytail has been my "staple" hairstyle since I started doing my own hair back in sixth grade. When I was relaxed I used to pull my ponytail tight and sleep with the tight ponytail in (I didn't know better).

Same here.:)

SEMO said:
Now as a natural, I still wear ponytails 90% of the time but I make sure to use the elastics with no metal and my ponytails aren't tight at all (I just use a scarf to make my hair lay down).

I actually wear my hair out 90% of the time...and the rare occasions I do put my hair in a ponytail, it is a very loose bun, only done with a satin scrunchie. But I am trying to stay away from the brush, and if I do use the brush it's a 100% boar bristle, and I only use 100% or 99% aloe vera gel.

mermaid

I wear ponys all the time. ALL the time. My hair is usually in it's natural curl and I have a LOT of hair and it is THICK as all get out. If I let it loose, then it will swell to gigantic proportions and no one around me will be able to see around my head!!!:lol:
Sooo, I pony up with lot's of moisture (I wash every day if my hair is curly and just slather some moisturizer on and pull it in a pony) always change the location (not only to combat damage, but also to relieve dry skin on my forehead and in hairline, I've noticed if there is a tension point at my hairline, I will have flaking around that spot on my forehead), sometimes do 2 ponys or two low bantus.
If my hair is straight, it's usually in a pony, but sometimes in a twisted messy bun, pokahontas braids (like right now:look: ), two low ponys or a claw.
Just move your pony around so it's not in the same spot all thtime, make sure you have plenty of moisture in your hair, don't pull it too tight and don't ever yank on the band to undo the pony.

Junonia

Glad to know I am not doing damage to my hair by wearing it in a PT everday. As long as I continue to moisturize and switch up, my hair should be okay.

Desert Skye

I use a big scrunchi when I put my hair in a ponytail. But I am guilty of using rubber bands before...

I usually tie my hair in a pony tail when i am working out.

silvergirl

i wear a pony everday as my "proctective stlye" its keeps the hair off my shoulders and this is what i wore all through my transtion as well. i dont have any damage to my natural hair doing this..

hondahoney007

Almost everyday. I usually wear a low pony. When I'm not wearing my hair in a ponytail, I put it in 1 braid, twist it around itself then put a scrunchi around it.

Energist

Just about every day with the exception of going out somewhere! It's the easiest style where I don't have to worry about any breakage or damage going on.

Wishin4BSL

Ineedhair said:

I do this too, unless I know that I have something special coming up.