How can I make a bun without a ponytail holder?

sunshinelady

Hey ladies,

I am wearing a phony pony a lot and I think it is causing breakage. Is it possible to make a ponytail without using a ponytail holder? Or, do you have a holder that doesn't pull your hair?

Please share!

JustKiya

Have you tried hair sticks/hair clips/hair pins?

And, if your hair is long enough, you could do a HUGE bantu knot sorta thing....

LovelyLionessa

Sometimes I bun without a ponytail holder. I use a long hair pin and if I make the bun high on my crown its pretty stable and will stay.

Otherwise when I wear lower bun, I like scunci mini scrunchies, they don't damage the hair and add fullness to a bun too.

sunshinelady

Sometimes I bun without a ponytail holder. I use a long hair pin and if I make the bun high on my crown its pretty stable and will stay.

Otherwise when I wear lower bun, I like scunci mini scrunchies, they don't damage the hair and add fullness to a bun too.

Do tell about these mini scunci mini scrunchies. Where would one find them?

LovelyLionessa

Me too! I use these also but the ones made of satin. I find them at Walgreens, Target and sometimes in grocery stores (of all places). :) I saw some at Sally's in cotton, some other fabric and satin but they were a bit wider than the mini ones.

Yes, the ones I use are kinda of satiny, on the Scunci site there isn't a pic of the exact ones I use. CVS always has the black satiny ones, so does Bed Bath & Beyond. They're great!

honeybadgirl

i just take my hair and twist around in a bun and pin it as i go. even if i wear a fake bun/ponytail, thats what i do too. it works just as well as a ponytail holder:grin:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Have you tried hair sticks/hair clips/hair pins?

And, if your hair is long enough, you could do a HUGE bantu knot sorta thing....
That's how I do mine. I just grab it in a ponytail and start twisting tight all the way down the length then start coiling it around in a circle to form a donut bun. To hold it in place I just use a scuncii.

naturalgurl

Didn't read alllll of the replies so I hope this isn't a repeat but you can go to my fotki and look at how I make buns. Instead of using a ponytail holder just use the donut that I made and wrap you hair around that. My fotki is in my sig if you want to take a look. HTH