How often do you use Roux PC? Safe to use weekly?

How often is it safe to use Roux Porosity Control?

• I would recommend using only before and after chemical services.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I use it weekly with no bad side effects/I think its fine to use weekly.

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • I use it every wash & co-wash/I think it can be used as often as you want.

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I keep using it because it lays my cuticles down and I don't have frizziness and tangles especially when air drying when I put it in my DC mix. I wouldn't keep using the product if there wasn't an alternative way of using it.

im thinking that if it closes ur cuticles wouldnt it stop ur dc from getting in the way u want it to?
i really appreciate u answering me honey!

im thinking that if it closes ur cuticles wouldnt it stop ur dc from getting in the way u want it to?

No problem. :) I haven't had an issue with my DC not working. All I know is that my hair doesn't air dry as rough when I use it

Do yall think that maybe its the protein in the product that leaves your hair feeling that way. Also doesn't apple cider vinegar do the same thing?

Sent from my HERO200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

well i have porosity control and i have roux mendex and they both have some form of protein does anyone use that one?

It doesn't actually close the cuticle completely - it corrects it to the proper porosity so the cuticle isn't overly porous (open) and the DC and/or moisturizers penetrate and escape right out if that makes sense. So I when people say it closes the cuticle, its not completely closed. Good point.

I can't answer the ACV question....I have never used it as a rinse on my hair, maybe some of the other ladies will chime in.

Sally's had a buy one get one free sale on the Roux Fermodyl leave in treatment. I'd seen the product but never really gave it a second thought but I saw a lady with gorgeous hair who purchased all they had in stock except one box.... usually I don't do this but I decided to purchase it based on her hair (shame on me!) but I used it today and I'm loving the way my hair has turned out. :) I plan to continue using it but I was wondering how often I can safely use it which led me to this thread. Are there any updates out there???

I used the 619 moisture system.

Back