How Often Do U Texlax

Christa438

The other times that I texlaxed, I waited about two months. This will be the first time that I stretch it to three months just to see if Im one of the ladies who can do it.

coconow2007

Christa438 said:
The other times that I texlaxed, I waited about two months. This will be the first time that I stretch it to three months just to see if Im one of the ladies who can do it.

Thanks Christa 438

PinkPeony

The first time i texlaxed 17 weeks post,after that I waited for 12 weeks and my last ones were just 10 weeks.
I wanna go up to 12+ weeks again.

Mocha5

Well I'm going on 10 weeks after my first texlax. But between not being fully relaxed and all of the growth from growth aids, I can't take it. I'm going to fully relax next week. I think that I'll be able to stretch my relaxer much longer if I fully relax. Maybe I can reach 15 weeks now that I know how to better handle my new growth.

coconow2007

ella said:
The first time i texlaxed 17 weeks post,after that I waited for 12 weeks and my last ones were just 10 weeks.
I wanna go up to 12+ weeks again.

how do u deal with ur new growth?

coconow2007

Mocha5 said:
Well I'm going on 10 weeks after my first texlax. But between not being fully relaxed and all of the growth from growth aids, I can't take it. I'm going to fully relax next week. I think that I'll be able to stretch my relaxer much longer if I fully relax. Maybe I can reach 15 weeks now that I know how to better handle my new growth.

Thanks Mocha5 - let me know how the full relaxer works vs the texlax

HoneyDew

I do it every 8 weeks.

I could go longer if I wore my hair up, which I don't - I wear it down everyday and around 8 weeks it is hard for me to maintain it.

This winter I plan on doing more updos and I think I will be able to to go to 10-12 weeks.

coconow2007

HoneyDew said:
I do it every 8 weeks.

I could go longer if I wore my hair up, which I don't - I wear it down everyday and around 8 weeks it is hard for me to maintain it.

This winter I plan on doing more updos and I think I will be able to to go to 10-12 weeks.

HoneyDew in your pic your hair is nice and straight - is this a result of the texlax or do u flat iron, etc to straighten ur hair?

HoneyDew

coconow2007 said:
HoneyDew in your pic your hair is nice and straight - is this a result of the texlax or do u flat iron, etc to straighten ur hair?

Oh yeah, that is flat ironed. I airdry it and flatiron most times, but that day I had blown it dry before flatironing (something I did not like doing :nono:).

I like texlaxing because my hair is still very textured when it airdried. Actually I can put it in a puffy ponytail like that. But for work, I keep it straight, but I keep my thickness.

I have had two people at work think that my hair is natural. Sometimes if I flatiron it on a lower temp, get hit with some humidity or sweat it out, it is very textured and wavy so I think that is why they thought my hair was not relaxed.

coconow2007

HoneyDew said:
Oh yeah, that is flat ironed. I airdry it and flatiron most times, but that day I had blown it dry before flatironing (something I did not like doing :nono:).

I like texlaxing because my hair is still very textured when it airdried. Actually I can put it in a puffy ponytail like that. But for work, I keep it straight, but I keep my thickness.

I have had two people at work think that my hair is natural. Sometimes if I flatiron it on a lower temp, get hit with some humidity or sweat it out, it is very textured and wavy so I think that is why they thought my hair was not relaxed.

Thanks HoneyDew - I think I have to start experimenting with different styles that will work with my texture but still look professional - I think that is my fear with texlaxing that I will lose my professional look.

SilkyandSmooth

Usually every three months. I texlaxed at 10 weeks the past two times, though. (I was trying to get a touch-up as close to my vacation as possible)