Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 5x

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 6x or more (please state how many)

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aviah

For anyone who has ever transitioned or is transitioning, how many times have you done it before(including the current transition if you are currently doing so)?

For me, its been two, and I hated doing it!

pookaloo83

Once. And I plan on not doing it again! I hated it! If I decide to go natural, I'm just gonna do a big chop right away!

vestaluv1

Well... this is my 2nd attempt.
I ended up relaxing @ 10.5 months post the first time, and this time I'm currently just over 10 months post... AGAIN!
So far, its going well but I just wish that I had stuck to it the first time as I would have been almost 21 months post by now. :wallbash:

aziza

4x that I can remember for sure. Everytime I transition, after I am natural I always end up relaxing my hair. I am natural now and hopefully I wont trasition again.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
this is my first and LAST transition! i'm never goin through this mess again. if somehow i end up relaxed again, i will just have to deal with the bc because this transitioning stuff is not the business. its boring, and not that cute.

MagnoliaBelle

I voted 2x but I forgot one time, so it's actuall 3x. Sorry. :(
I never knew good hair care practices so eventually I 'd relax again. I didn't even know anything about proper transitioning. I was just "letting the perm grow out" and gradually chopping the ends.
I'm all natural now do death do us part!! :grin:

Ltown

Greyland
I tried 3 times and it is because I bc and did not know how to work with short hair and just was impatient. I learned here that you don't have to BC to transition and just hang it and I can sport pony tail everyday.

nikki2229

ITA with VainJane, this is my 1st and only transition.
I'm 9 1/2 months post and it is getting tiresome right now.
I am hoping this feeling will past soon because I am ready to chop but not ready to chop because of length.

Bulletproof

tHicK hAIr dOn't CarE
This is my first and I am pretty sure last time as I never got into my relaxer too much. I am sure once I am fully natural I will be ok with an occasional flat iron when the straight bug hits.

tocktick

I had one semi-forced transition and BC at 15. My hair was so damaged that I had a few measly relaxed strands with about 2" of dry as hell natural hair. It sounds so dumb but I thought being relaxed was just the done thing, like cutting your nails when they get too long :)perplexed) until I found out otherwise on the internet.

One day, I got my hair braided and the stylist just cut off the relaxed ends (all 10 strands :lol:). When I took the braids down, I had to go to school the next day and there was no one able to put another set of braids in. I didn't want to relax but I ended up doing it anyway because I had no idea how to take care of my hair and could just imagine the amount of teasing I'd endure at school the next day.

When my hair winded up looking a H.A.M at 18 again, I transitioned (for 6 months) and this time I knew there was no way I could relax again. I'm still natural nearly 3 years later.

Last edited:

Chameleonchick

Well... this is my 2nd attempt.
I ended up relaxing @ 10.5 months post the first time, and this time I'm currently just over 10 months post... AGAIN!
So far, its going well but I just wish that I had stuck to it the first time as I would have been almost 21 months post by now. :wallbash:

Something similar happenned to me. I have technically transitioned 3 times. This last time not including this time, I transitioned for 8 months and then texlaxed. I was so mad that I did that. Well here I am again but this will be the last time.

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
4 times in my life. Twice on my own. Once with hair past SL hair (now).
No way in heck I'll ever do this again.

BrownEyez22

Just once, this is my first time ever doing the natural thing.

I know I will do it again in the future (I love the look of a nice relaxed bob). No time soon though.

Sapphire_chic

once. even though i know i'll never relax again if i did and decided to transition i would do a big chop instead of a 3+ year transition plan :)

honeybuni84

i transitioned twice. The first time, i really didnt know that i was doing it. but back to back braids with little hair care, left my relaxed ends very unhappy.. So i chopped.

The second time, it happened on purpose although the " transition" was 4 months

Desarae

If you call 4 weeks transitioning....I did it once. I'm relaxed now and thinking about transitioning again...

Dommo

I transitioned once before and BC'ed too early. Now I am transitioning again for the last time, but long-term (maybe 2-3 years)

Nayna

Unbothered
One time. I can't do it again. I felt so crazy. I didn't have this board to get through it. I didn't have products really, knew nothing of braidouts and twistouts and all that. Only bantu knots but that got tired. I weaved it up pretty much and the thread sliced through my hair that's already thinand fine. So now I'm trying to get it fuller. But I won't go back to relaxers EVER!

Daughter

UK Blak
For anyone who has ever transitioned or is transitioning, how many times have you done it before(including the current transition if you are currently doing so)?

For me, its been two, and I hated doing it!

I succeeded on my third transition attempt :) The first two times, I simply had no clue how to style my hair, I was still thinking that it should be straight for special occasions and so I relaxed *sigh*. Last time round, I was more determined and wore my hair in canerows and learned how to braid my own hair in extensions... the rest is history :)