How many times do you have to jump in the shower?

soslychic

I currently wash my hair in the sink and want to switch because it's easier and I wouldn't be causing tangles if I washed it in the shower. But dosn't that get annoying? Say I want to do a hot oil treatment (rinse), conditioner wash (rinse) protein conditioner (rinse) moisturizing conditioner to follow it (rinse). Do you seriously jump in and out of the shower that many times?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Valid question. Usually when I do my weekly wash and deep condition I still just shower once. I wash my hair in the shower apply my conditioner and let it sit. Then when it is time to rinse I hold my head over the tub. Maybe I should do it reversed. Wash in the tub and rinse conditioner out in the shower.

Serei

I don't. If I hot oil, I stay in the shower because it only needs to stay in for a minute. For conditioners, I put a plastic cap on my head and wash up, shave, pumice, exfoliate or whatever else and let the steam from the shower do its work. I have a shower seat so it is much easier to just "sit" there and chill until I have to rinse.

Isis

Yes, I jump in the shower about 2 x during normal washing/conditioning and 3 x when I deep condition. The shower method really rinses my hair well, detangles better and keeps my hair flowing in one direction.

Crysdon

Just twice.

I wash my hair, then apply conditioner. Get out of shower and put on my heating cap and look at television for about 20 minutes, then I go back into the shower and rinse.

Now if I'm applying a protein conditioner, then I have to get in the shower three times...(wash, rinse, apply protein), get out of shower, (rinse out, apply moisturizing conditioner), get out of shower, then final rinse.

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]
Crysdon said:
Just twice.

I wash my hair, then apply conditioner. Get out of shower and put on my heating cap and look at television for about 20 minutes, then I go back into the shower and rinse.

Now if I'm applying a protein conditioner, then I have to get in the shower three times...(wash, rinse, apply protein), get out of shower, (rinse out, apply moisturizing conditioner), get out of shower, then final rinse.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my routine too.

Dutchess

I do the same as Crysdon and Pebbles. Since it is part of my hair care routine, I don't find it to be a bother, I think it pretty relaxing not to mention how clean and refreshed my body feels, and how nice my hair is afterwards.

Lindy

Goodness gracious!! That's way too much showering/drying off for me!
I wash my hair in the kitchen sink. That way I don't have to worry about getting in & out of the shower, and I can do all my stuff: hot oil, ACV rinses, protein, & deep conditioning w/o going through any changes!!
Also, I did wash my hair in the shower over the summer sometimes and I found that my back broke out from the products I put on my hair!!

I know that detangling is harder when you have to comb your hair back, from it being forward, but for me, it's not that bad!!

KinksnCurlz

It would be easier to just do my hair in the sink but my hair is so tangled afterwards that it's just not worth it. When I wash my hair, I am in and out of the shower 3xs BUT the good thing is I can walk around with a towel on

CrownnGlori

For a hot oil I'm in only once. Deep conditioning and protein treatments 2 and 3 times.
P.S. I want a shower seat too.

Karonica

I'm a kitchen sink person, if I'm not already taking a shower. Makes things less complicated. And I can see my hair better when it's hanging over my head, as opposed to behind my head.

gvsugirl

I just got a detachable shower head so I just bend over the tub backwards (yeah my neck is killin me) but it's worth it! I get dry skin when I jump in the shower 500 times

B

ballet_bun

I'm in about 2-3 times. I've recently started doing a backbend... just enough for my head to get wet, so that I don't have to jump all the way in ... this has been working to ... a little annoying, but it works.

Ballet Bun ...

ms_kenesha

2-3xs depending on what kind of wash day it is. Yes it's annoying but I'd rather not deal with the tangles. If I really don't feel like doing shower gymnastics I'll wash my hair under the sink, but rinse out my last conditioner in the shower so I can detangle easier.

licutiexx

I just bend over the tub b/c otherwise i would be jumping in the shower 3x and that's way too much for me

DatJerseyDyme

I go in the shower ONCE..

Shampoo, then put my conditioner AND oil on my hair together and put on a shower cap, then Wash my body, then rinse my hair.

If I have to do a protein treatment, I shampoo, apply my protein conditioner in the shower (shower cap), put on a facial mask, wash my body, rinse the protein conditioner out and apply the moisturizing conditioner/oil combo (shower cap), shave and rinse the mask from my face and then rinse my hair. I HAD to develope a system!

ChocoKitty

Braiding my hair in four sections keeps me from getting tangles. I shower when I wash my hair. My lastest regimine consists of a precondition the hair without water. Then I jump in the shower and rinse then shampoo. Jump out the unbraid a section hair at a time and add condtioner, then rebraid. Jump back into the shower, and soap up and scrub, then rinse from head to toe.

EXSQUISIT

i only do conditioner wash in the shower. on regular wash days i do it in the sink and just make sure my hair isnt piled up on my head. it works out fine for me.

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
licutiexx said:
I just bend over the tub b/c otherwise i would be jumping in the shower 3x and that's way too much for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a detachable shower head or are you just letting the regular head of water run over your hair? Does it rinse it all out doing it that way? (If it's the latter?)