How Many Leave-Ins Do You Use On Wet Hair?

RZILYNT

It depends on how I am wearing my hair. If I want a lot of movement, then only one.

I use:
Rusk Sensories
Lacio Lacio
Any serum I have on hand
Vitatress Biotin creme (edges only)

RZ~

Britt

I use one leave in... Giovanni Direct
I just bought a bottle of Salerm 21, will try to rotate the two.

Eiano

Wow!!! I didn't know so many people use Hydra TLC!!! That's what I use and I love it..

I use 3 or 4, either Infusium, Sunsilk and Mango Butter or Infusium, Sunsilk, Suave's Anti-Snap and some serum or greasy type thing

Allandra

I use one leave-in on my wet hair. The one I use, depends on how I'm going to wear my hair or my hair's needs.

If I'm going to wear my hair straight, I use Aveda Hang Straight Straightening Lotion.

If I'm going to wear my hair in a bun or a French twist, I use Salerm 21 or Silicon Mix.

If my hair needs extra help with detanging, I use Pantene Detangle Light Spray Conditioner.

Last edited:

Divine Inspiration

Whimsy, don't feel bad. I only use one too...Giovanni Direct. Depending on the style I'm planning to do, I may follow that with a dime size drop of oil or serum, but other than that, I only apply GD.

I used to apply 3-4 leave-ins, but over time, I realized that a) it was unnecessary because 1 was able to get the job done and if it didn't, that meant I needed to let it go and find another one that did and b) I really don't like a complicated or involved regimen...I prefer to keep things simple so having to use all of that stuff got tiresome for me and c) putting too much product in my hair weighed it down and took away the light, airy movement I like. It made my hair stiff and didn't do anything for it healthwise. My hair wasn't any more moisturized with 5 leave-ins than it was with 1...if anything, having too many leave-ins made styling and moisturizing during the week more difficult.

So, for me, it's just Giovanni. :)

HoneyDew

Whimsy said:
Damn. I feel almost ashamed to say I was only using one.....or zero. :(

I don't think that is bad, though.

I used to only use one - the Sidr Tree Butter Balm, until I discovered Fermodyl and it is such a small thing to add.

I used to NEVER use a leave in and my hair was fine as long as I kep tup with my moisturizing.

Now the leave-in make it so that I rarely need to moisturize between shampoos, unlike when I did not use a leave, I just moisturized a little.

I think good conditioning alone should be good enough, you know.

HoneyDew

Allandra said:
If I'm going to wear my hair straight, I use Aveda Hang Straight Straightening Lotion.

I look forward to trying this. I just got my double points B-day coupon so I think I am going to stock up on a few Aveda things, including trying the Hang Straight lotion.

Daisimae

HoneyDew said:
Now the leave-in make it so that I rarely need to moisturize between shampoos, unlike when I did not use a leave, I just moisturized a little.

I was wondering about this. I wash every three to four days. Ever since I started using Hydra TLC on my wet hair, I've noticed I don't need as much daily moisturizer on my dry hair. I work at home, so I can go a day ot two without doing anything to my hair but, it still feels very hydrated.

I went and got one package of Fermodyl 619 extra strength. I'll use it tommorow when I wash.

seymone

If this is the moisture session, I use the following:
Aphogee Green Tea n Keratin (leave in)
Infusium Moisturiologie
Sunsilk HydraTLC
Frizz Ease Extra Strength Serum
Then seal with oil....

If this is my protein session then I do everything mentioned above except aphogee..

wheezy807

I usually use two.
one liquid.....infusium.
And one cream......giovanni direct or ntm silk touch leave-in. or sometmes
rusk smooth.

Allandra

HoneyDew said:
I look forward to trying this. I just got my double points B-day coupon so I think I am going to stock up on a few Aveda things, including trying the Hang Straight lotion.
I like it. I hope you like it too.